• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat Wolf very easily

4Serial

Smash Lord
rofl you guys don't get it

He's running off the stage (without jumping) and down-airing without fast falling,
which having the c-stick set to "smash" makes you do.
If you fast fall, you will suicide.

null55

Smash Master

He's running off the stage (without jumping) and down-airing without fast falling,

Yes. Good.

DAYSH

Smash Cadet

no
you will fast and and suicide if u try doin that

null55

Smash Master

Uhh, wait...

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Try doing that with C-stick to smash and see how many times you will suicide. You fast fall when it is and the down air lag makes you unable to jump until you die.

Debonu

Smash Cadet
i keep trying but its almost impossible to get back up and half the time wolf does X_X does it matter if i practice this in training mode or will it only work in 2 player

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
It's possible to do it without setting c-stick to attack, but if you don't, you will likely accidentally fast-fall when you do the d-air. If you do, it's easier not to accidentally fastfall and suicide.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
OH. Wait, so maybe that is why C-stick to Smash causes aerial D-airs to fast fall haha.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the best way to spike at the end of a chain throw is a buffer a dash then do a rising dair, thats what I do and it works on every character that can get chain thrown. Also other characters aren't that low when the come out of the chain grab so a rising d-air is needed. Also if your delicate enough you can just barley move the control stick down and do a dair with out fast falling.

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
seems to me like it would make a little more sense to shorthop the dair, but its pretty helpful if your opponent is lingering stupidly on the edge with no invincibility frames. unfortunately i prefer up on the cstick rather than z for my gatling combos so i wont be changing my control configuration any time soon

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Ok yes, but if you get a free kill off of a grab for every grab against wolf no matter who it is, then it makes it easy.
You don't get a free kill off a grab like the guy was doing in the video. The Wolf player never bothered to use his second jump after getting spiked.

wangston

Smash Lord
I would love to see you use your second jump after getting spiked, if you don't time the jump right, you won't get of the meteor animation and you die.

null55

Smash Master
Probably the easiest way to gimp the sh*t out of Wolf without messing with custom controls or anything, just fair right of the stage and into him. It's an exact firebird recover for you, and Wolf can't recover at all. Works at really (relative) low percents, too. Wolf basically stands no chance against Falco. Too many ways to f up his recover. It's like R.O.B. vs Ike.

Dyxnar14

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, Though I Don't see how its a wolf killer. But Dair C-Stick causes Fast Falling. I've noticed that

Top Bottom