• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat pit with Falco

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
How do you beat pit with Falco? My friend plays with pit and even if I dominate the game I still somehow lose! His smashes have a longer reach than mine and to hit him with my smash I have to time it perfectly but for him he just needs to press whenever he feel likes it.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
thats because pit is a newb character whose attacks never end, just throw him, free spikes and shines.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Haha, I have the same exact problem! Whenever he does that, I surprise him with a B-down, and he doesn't know what to do, because I use it so little. But then again, my friend doesn't play competitively...

GodzillaSmasher

Smash Cadet
Does everyone have this problem? My buddy and I always play, and he always uses Pit. Sometimes I win, sometimes he wins. I rely on the Reflector to go through his Angel Ring. If he connects with Angel Ring, I just get the hell away. I don't use the Blaster, because I know he'll reflect it.

Polymus

Smash Cadet
Falco's reflector does seem to be a more used attack now due to it's distance. However, the only real problems I encounter with good Pits is that they just don't die when you hit them down. So, you beat them up and around a bit instead of downwards, unless you mastered his dair of course, in which case almost all opponents still seem to never be quick enough to avoid. Other than that, study the times of when he shoots his arrows, then reflect them all. Of course find a way to combo him into submission. And I highly recommend studying Falco's bair timings. I use it a lot and almost no one survives it. xD Other than that, good luck with your Pit problem.

Codi

Smash Ace
edge guard and when pit uses his up B like his second wings u shoot him and he cant jump again until he touches the ground so use tht to your advantage

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
What about short hop approach shine? You reflect arrows back and hit him with the shine.

Applies to all projectile spammers (if someone can agree with this, adding it to the shine thread)

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
I have problems against Pit playing ANY character. He's just rough times for me, mainly just in spamming of arrows at a distance and the angel ring up close.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Pit should lose to Falco. Reasons:

1. Falco's spam is better.
2. Reflector.
3. Pit's return is easily predicted, and therefore edgeguarded.
4. Chaingrab/Laser Lock.
5. Better combos/Stronger attacks.

Top Bottom