• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide How to be a Little Mac monster

smash alpha

Smash Rookie
smash alpha submitted a new guide:

How to be a Little Mac monster - Learn basics on how to quickly become a Big Mac

I am making this guide to help people who are struggling with the negativity surrounding little mac. While most people see little mac as a joke the funniest thing about him is how you can destroy people with him if you just understand some basic skills needed to be a Big Mac.

1. Spacing
Spacing is essential for any character but especially for a character like little mac who can't afford to get hit that often. For spacing little mac has a fast jab combo that can actually deal some decent...
Read more about this guide...

6FinalFlame6

Smash Rookie
You explained your points well, however, smash is all about them mix-ups. Your point on countering when you are about to be hit by an aerial is a good strategy, but it could get predictable if you use it too much. You could also try just jump past them and time an air dodge so you can go through them safely. Then there's also jumping high and doing a fast side-b, as they wont expect you to go high, because going low is the most common option. Finally, there is the option of DI-ing down a little (Be careful because if you DI down for too long you might start fast falling which will mess you up as mac) and going for the sweet-spot up b to ledge. Also, this is very situational but, if you get launched very high diagonally and have a KO punch, start moving towards the stage for about half a second after you gain your air mobility, and use the KO punch will launch you forward quite a bit, saving you the stock (Make sure to save your second jump for after the KO punch).

Last edited:

smash alpha

Smash Rookie
You explained your points well, however, smash is all about them mix-ups. Your point on countering when you are about to be hit by an aerial is a good strategy, but it could get predictable if you use it too much. You could also try just jump past them and time an air dodge so you can go through them safely. Then there's also jumping high and doing a fast side-b, as they wont expect you to go high, because going low is the most common option. Finally, there is the option of DI-ing down a little (Be careful because if you DI down for too long you might start fast falling which will mess you up as mac) and going for the sweet-spot up b to ledge. Also, this is very situational but, if you get launched very high diagonally and have a KO punch, start moving towards the stage for about half a second after you gain your air mobility, and use the KO punch will launch you forward quite a bit, saving you the stock (Make sure to save your second jump for after the KO punch).
I agree that my guide is situational at best but its what has worked for me. I don't always down b of course and I have found that trying to mix up your recovery with little mac tends to lead to suicides. He just doesn't have the tools and attributes to make a creative recovery. Imo, simple is better with little mac(for beginners at least)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom