• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to approach with Ganon?

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
Feels like there's so many more counters to Ganon than he has options. Not sure how I can beat camping Greninjas or projectile spamming Toon Links.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
NAir
Run forward then quickly run back then Gerudo forward. (Really good but do not abuse)

Run then stop.
Empty hops.

Ganon benenfits alot from empty movement.

Dont approach with Wizard foot as tempting and logical as it seems or most comfortable .
Do not do it.

Space FAir's.

Or just run upto them and stop.
Use dash attacks from neutral more and less from dashing.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
RAR'd uairs into ftilt/dtilt is pretty viable.
Same with baiting punishes by abusing the iasa frames through jab/ftilt/dtilt/another usmash.
SH/FH FF without throwing out attacks is good too.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It depends on the opposing character and/or what projectiles are roaming the battlefield.
Some projectiles are best handeled by PSing, while others are best handeled by simply rolling through or even clashing with them.

OT: Take the lead and let them approach you and your 17% damage defence.

Go with WDK if you're playing with customs. It makes things so much easier in some MUs.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Against some characters with projectiles I literally walk and power shield or shield. Walking means I'm not locked in to DA and can use any attack I want.

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
Walking and power/perfect shielding is your best bet.When your close,learn how your opponent reacts.Aggressive or Defensive,optimize your approach by reads/grabs or shield pressure(U-Smash/B-air are amazing for this). Intimidation is Ganon's best friend,empty hops or simply walking up to a shield will force your opponent to react if they feel threatened.Don't be afraid to take hits to gain information.

Top Bottom