• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to ace ariel cape extention?

nasir123

Smash Ace
well i am not new to mario although i seen bo x7's video od mario advanced tech/'s and other crap i new everything although i did not know how to ace ariel cape extention please tell me mario comrads:D:D:D:D

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Kanzaki just pwned this thread.

Some stages it's harder to do than others. Good example is Yoshi's. the neutral one.

Hagar

Smash Cadet
It's not really that useful, considering it's hard to constantly go the maximum distance. I usually start off matches on battlefield by ACEing from the starting platform.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It's not really that useful, considering it's hard to constantly go the maximum distance. I usually start off matches on battlefield by ACEing from the starting platform.
If you're got the timing down on most frequent stages like FD and BF, it can be a great asset. No real need for it on Smashville since the KO range is short. Capeglide -> Fludd is epic too.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
You don't need to go the maxiaum distance. You just need enough distance so that you'll be able to recover alot easier. Cape glide to spike = 1 stock ****.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Two questions:

One: How do you do the reverse cape glide?

Two: How do you do the cape glide straight down? Which I call the "negative cape glide" cause it's kinda catchy.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
What the hell's a reverse cape glide and cape glide straight down? lol.. Run off, side+b right before you step off. It's not that complicated, just timing =[

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ok, I seen people do the cape glide backwards and straight down. Plus, I've done the one straight down on accident a few times but I have no idea how you do it backwards.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Ok, I seen people do the cape glide backwards and straight down. Plus, I've done the one straight down on accident a few times but I have no idea how you do it backwards.
Vids or it didn't happen XD

Seriously, I want to see this. Capeglide -> Bair would be awesome.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I think what he's trying to say is that he ACE's by using the cape in the direction he came from, and used the edge of the cape to hit the enemy while it was at Mario's back. It doesn't really sound possible, and the odds of the back end of the cape hitting someone are billionfold since the cape doesn't stay there long at all and because it's up to the enemy getting close to you, and the timing is ludicrous. I'd like to see it happen, though.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
What I'm saying is doing a pivot cape into a cape glide. Also, I think the downward cape glide is just some wierd timing, I keep doing it when it feels like I timed the cape glide too late.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
No I mean where the momentum of the cape glide propels you downward instead of to the side.

???????

Smash Journeyman

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Judge Judy is correct; this technique is done by timing the cape at the very tip of the ledge (At this position you should be nearly off the ledge itself; the timing is very strict).

*Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCkv2A4Oe9s (Watch closely at 1:11-1:12; he is not falling, he is being propelled downward by his momentum while in the cape animation)*
I was just going to post that part in my video to see if that is what he was talking about! You had to beat me to it, didn't you? XD

Well, it's not exactly useful in the normal cape-reversing sense. You can do it off the side of a stage but you'll snap to the ledge instead of continuing downward. The only reason it worked on the platform was because there was nothing to snap to. It is a great way to quickly edgehog though.

I'm not sure that doing an ACE facing backwards is possible though.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I was just going to post that part in my video to see if that is what he was talking about! You had to beat me to it, didn't you? XD

Well, it's not exactly useful in the normal cape-reversing sense. You can do it off the side of a stage but you'll snap to the ledge instead of continuing downward. The only reason it worked on the platform was because there was nothing to snap to. It is a great way to quickly edgehog though.
You are correct but it is still possible to do a downwards cape glide, regardless of auto ledge grabbing; as stated previously, the timing is strict and must be timed at the tip of the ledge.

I'm not sure that doing an ACE facing backwards is possible though.
It can be done it two ways:

One–Using backwards momentum such as the "Wave slide"

Two–Strict timing of a cape pivot just before the "secondary" running animation would begin

Top Bottom