• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to 0-death snake.

itdoor

Smash Rookie
this works on most heavies but snake is the easiest.

falco>snake. atleast at low %. as everyone who plays falco knows he has a chain grab. on most heavy characters this can be done to 42% no matter what your opponent does and if you are fast enough. i have seen bad players get chain grabbed to like 90% in tourneys but as i said they were bad.

when fighting snake its best to avoid damaging him if you can help it and wait for a grab oppurtunity.

after the grab chain him to the side of the of the stage. there is a sweet spot area about a yard or so inside the edge of the stage. past this threshhold people can DI out of your next attack. so stop chain Dthrowing about here.

at this point SH D-air. this should land a spike that barely spikes him off the stage. a good snake will meteor cancel this. you should continue to fall until he starts his recovery. this takes a bit of practice to feel out and get right, but when you see him within range rising D-air again. this will leave you with more than enough range to get back onto the stage.

snake can u-air away from the stage and outside your range before the second spike but this will kill him.

at this point you should grab the edge however you can.

here snake has 3 choices.

1. if he has not placed his C4 he can try to bomb jump back onto the stage. however the bomb goes off at the very bottom of the stage and leaves him insanely spikeable after he U-b's again.

2. he can try a third meteor cancel and a third U-b. but this will leave him well below the edge.

3. he can die.

if peeps have a hard time doing this i will post a vid of it. but its ridiculously easy. the key is do not damage snake before 42%. after 42% he can Di, air dodge, and jump and a U-smash or a dash canceled U-smash are much better follow ups than D air.

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
yea I definitly think that you should put up a video in this, I can understand it in theory but seeing it makes it quite a lot easier to understand

itdoor

Smash Rookie
cool i will put up 2 vids either tonight or tomorrow night. with homework, the snake players wii(where the videos of this live), and my other friends DVDR so we can upload it, being the only variables. should be tonight sometime tho. :)

neji49

Smash Cadet
Sorry to sound like a noob, but how do you metoer cancel? I thought that wasn't in Brawl.

itdoor

Smash Rookie
kind of yeah but ike could have recovered from that. im working on getting the vids up.

thanks tho that is really close.

Top Bottom