• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How the hell do you alt grab Ness?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Ness, Lucas, Wario, Metaknight, and ROB are some of the hardest characters to FThrow chain.

Just DThrow, or BThrow them.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Right timing. This is especially for Lucas, he has that different timing for the f-throw you know. But the useful on alt grabbing him and especially Lucas is to do a b-throw chain. You can do an f-throw on Ness if you really know the timing already.

For me I hate altgrabbing Snake since I'm uncomfortable from his heaviness. >w<

Nick A

Smash Cadet
Down throw to forward throw is what i do on ness, metaknight and those tiny guys--or the quick double back throw.. When you forward throw, you just have to make sure you aren't that much farther in front of Nana. I hope that makes sense.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
Ness, Lucas, Wario, Metaknight, and ROB are some of the hardest characters to FThrow chain.

Just DThrow, or BThrow them.
Wario really isn't really that hard... the fthrow is actually my main CG that I use on him. And don't forget snake.

Is there a trick to the back throw, like aside from just repating it, or do you have to do some crazypivot dash or something?
Yep

HolyChef

Smash Ace
pivot alt grabs arent necessary. but they help do help if u decide thats wat u want to use, u have to make sure ur climber gets a good start to get ahead of the opponent.

dthrow (or fthrow?)

then smash control stick in the direction ur facing

then the opponent gets thrown smash the control stick the other way and grab, which is towards ur opponent

probably the worst instructions ever but i dont even care

wat matters are the backthrows which i use in my favorite variation of the infinite. anyway for lighter characters u have to be quicker and close the gap between the time u bthrow and the time u grab. for fat characters like dedede or bowser, u dont have to be nearly as fast.

for example, when bthrowing G&W or Jigs, u should try having the time ur control stick goes as far as it can on ur controller and the time u press Z really close together. almost at the same time. so its basically direction+grab. with fat characters however u want to increase the gap between these inputs. its more like hitting the control stick and almost a second later hitting the grab button.

yo relax if my timings are mad off im not playing at the moment.i can actually do them hylian style which is on command lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I find Ness easy to alt grab >_>.

So I guess I'm no help lol.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Why not just do the b-throw -> b-throw? I find that quite easy for me to altgrab Ness and especially for Lucas.

Like.... b-throw Ness to Nana (partner), then b-throw from Nana and make Popo go to the opposite direction and catching Ness.

Top Bottom