• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How should I DI Sheik's and CF's down throws?

Beanman

Smash Cadet
vs Falcon, DI away. If he goes for a knee, rest him.

vs Sheik... i onno
Not just knee. If he messes up spacing on the uair or the nair, with you at low percent, its an easy rest.
I like to DI away from sheik, as the uair kills me more than the slap does. Plus at higher percents you can just jump out after DI'ing away.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
For Falcon, if you DI it away, it's a little harder to hit Puff, as in there's a smaller time window for execution. It can be hard to do on reaction, so what I'll do sometimes is DI away the first few throws to condition them to expect the DI away. If they are pretty good at getting me, I will later on then DI in to catch them off guard and force them to do it on reaction. Even if you don't escape entirely, you may only get a uair instead of a knee. Remeber also that if you get hit, you want to DI away again unless you're going to die from doing that; if you DI in, you might give Falcon another hit in the combo.

Against Sheik, you almost always want to DI away for reasons already stated.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
for shiek, especially at high percetnages, i thnk you shoudl DI away, then get ready to DI the fair.

much rather have to DI something htats going to send you horizontal than vertical (upair if you dont di away)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Occasionally, you can make sheik miss the bair sweetspot or uair if you DI full in. If sheik plays correctly, you're dead no matter which way you DI the dthrow

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
DI the way he's uncomfortable with. Its possible to Fair you no matter where you DI as long as they're not sloppy. If you notice that they're bad at one, do that one. If you know they're going to be doing that one, change to the other. The two options are away and up. You can experiment with up + in and down + away.

It really depends on who you're playing against. At high %, DI Up + Away, it will force him to Uair you instead of Knee, then survival DI that up and in.

Top Bottom