• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Often Do You Tilt Anymore?

Ereki

Smash Cadet
It depends on the character, as previously stated. For me, as a Sonic player, I tend to use the F-Tilt to push an enemy away or apply a bit of pressure if I'm on the offensive, and use the up-throw Up-Tilt as an opening combo if/when the opponent has less than 10%.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
WAy more often than smashes since I'm an Ike player. Ike's smashes are so slow that using them isn't an option a lot. For smashes I use his dsmash to clear space around me if it's getting tight and us usmash on occasion (mostly for dashing smahes). So his tilts are alot more useful since they come out more often.

razelikh

Smash Rookie
With yoshi i usually use tilts occasionally, as my marth though i usually never use them because it just seems like a waste of time

nub?

Smash Rookie
ya this question really is character dependent like for example with my yoshi i ftlit and utilt like there's no tomorrow because those two attacks are perfect for setting up combos/ko's etc.

and for metaknight his ftilt and dtilt are nice for spacing :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
When people are blocking and I'm Falco I do: Jab, d-tilt-, jab, d-tilt, f-smash.

It's amazing because most people stop blocking in between my attacks and get hit cause they can't attack fast enough.

LOLhahaDEAD

Smash Cadet
I don't use tilts as often as I use. I use Marth's utilt sometimes because it's useful for when I (attempt to) combo.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
For a lot of characters tilts are essential. ZSS's Dtilt is invaluable for starting her air game and utilt is useful for that too (though not as much.) Her ftilt is good at spacing.

Zelda's Dtilt is useful as it can hit several times in a row and set up for something better. Her Ftilt is ok but I don't use it that much. Her Utilt is a valuable KO tool because I use Usmash so much it becomes diminished.

And lastly Yoshi. His Smashes are powerful but on the slow side so I rely heavily on his Ftilt and Utilt to deal damage. It also prevents the smashes from becoming too diminished.

So in conclusion. Yeah tilts are good.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
I find myself tilting less and less in Brawl than in Melee. Many tilts really don't do anything for me that a Smash couldn't accomplish in the same manner and/or in the same time. As a Samus player in Melee, her Down/Forward Tilts were useful, and as an Olimar/Zero Suit Samus player in Brawl, I find myself just smashing away.

Your thoughts?
wtf

how on earth do you play ZSS without tilts? Her tilts are amazing for comboing and setups. They are quick, have long range, and launch/trip your opponent. If anything, her smashes are the useless attacks. They have long start up lag and do mediocre damage/knockback. With the exception of upsmash they are pretty much worthless.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
With brawl's low shieldstun, you can use tilts out of shield after blocking an attack. And their lower recover prevents opponents from shield-attacking you. :bee:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It depends on who I'm using. I do more f-tilts with Bowser than with Mario since Mario could just use the f-smash to pummel foes. Bowser can f-tilt his enemies to death.

zxcZ

Smash Cadet
Tilts are great and always have been. They can start to combos and they are very useful for racking up damage fast

WhiteWingDemon

Smash Cadet
do you guys think tilting with the analog stick is a bit pickier now? it's been almost a month and I still find myself occasionally smashing when I meant to tilt...and that's not good
I'll second that. If Zero Suit Samus's wavebounce wasn't so good then I would probably t-stick.

Which brings me to my point. How can you not tilt with Zero Suit Samus? There is no possible way you're going to become great and not tilt attack.

WR3K

Smash Ace
depends on character

as link, my up-tilt is crucial

as ganondorf, my tilts make up most of my direct attacks

and TL, i dont tilt much at all

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
i tilt even more than i did in melee, seeing as how attacks get weaker the more you use them. But yeah tilts and aerials make up most of my game.. the occasional fsmash here and there but thats it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Lol.

All the characters I play (Peach, ZSS, Zelda) have a crazy good tilt in at least one direction. Zelda in particular has large-ranged, killing tilts for the side and up.

Top Bottom