• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do you smash boost?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
How often do you guys use Smash Boosting during regular matches? Is it something you try to apply often, or do you rarely find times to use it?

Personally, I don't use it too often, maybe once or twice if the opportunity arises. I don't see too many other Wolf players using it that much either.

I just feel like there are better things you could be doing most of the time...

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
I just feel like there are better things you could be doing most of the time...
Yes, you're quite right there. If you're not so good at the boost smash, I think you shouldn't bother try doing it in a match. You should practice it so you can do it whenever you please. Just my opinion.

I usually don't use the boost smash in a match. Mostly because I just learned how to do a few weeks ago.
I think I manage to do it 40% of my tries, but I still need to practice alot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I tried to use it as a tech chase after the dthorw.

I still don't know what I should think about it. I have to practise this a little more

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
It's good for tech chasing, ledge guarding, and catching people recovering onto the stage. Also good for hitting people on platforms. You can punish with it too, if you read your opponent correctly. If you haven't mastered it, it's too risky to attempt.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I can't do Wolf's, you tell me! ^___^ >_>

But if what everyone is saying is true, it doesn't matter... Still be nice as a thing to whip out, kill some n00bs, and give the world +1/2/3 intelligence...

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Yes, you're quite right there. If you're not so good at the boost smash, I think you shouldn't bother try doing it in a match. You should practice it so you can do it whenever you please. Just my opinion.

I usually don't use the boost smash in a match. Mostly because I just learned how to do a few weeks ago.
I think I manage to do it 40% of my tries, but I still need to practice alot.
Meh I think I can get the Boost Smash down 90%+ of the time. Once in a while I'll mess up. I just don't think it merits being used often. Although what one user said about using it for tech chasing sounds interesting.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
There's no reason you'd ever use it more than once or twice a match. It's a good technique to know, but it won't be changing any games on its own.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I always forget to do it. >_> But when I do remember, and do use it, it gives me some nice results. For me, boost smashing can be really easy or really hard. It's easy to use if I practice for about five minutes. Once you get the timing down, the only thing you need to worry about is remembering that you have it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It's great cause you can approach under falco's laser spam with it. If only my controller configuration made it easy, I'd actually be able to use it properly.

cody420

Smash Cadet
I boost smash a lot. Especially wen sumones trying to make distance between us, then BOOST SMASH. Shiek & Link have the best BS.

Jupz

Smash Master
How do you boost smash again? is it when you do a dash attack and at the same time press up on the c-stick and you do a sliding up-smash?

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
I can do the boost smash 85% of time when I try it, I tend to use toward the end of the match for a quick finish, most ppl never see it coming if you dont use at the start (seeing as it's easy to forget about), it's good for catching ppl who camp when about to lose off guard.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
I actually use Smash Boosting quite a lot in a match, I can gt it about 95% of the time, I rarely mess up and do a boost grab or dash attack.

It's a great punisher, and Wolf's Longest range attack.

Don't use it too much cause it's pretty easy to see coming once your opponent knows you can do it.

Used after a downthrow, forward throw or Fast falled Bair is the way to go.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
How do you boost smash again? is it when you do a dash attack and at the same time press up on the c-stick and you do a sliding up-smash?
I dash, then I initiate a dash attack by pressing down on the C-stick. Then I cancel that with Up control stick + Z.

You just need to get the timing down, different characters have slightly different timings. There are supposedly other methods by I think the C-stick down/up + z works best for me.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I actually use Smash Boosting quite a lot in a match, I can gt it about 95% of the time, I rarely mess up and do a boost grab or dash attack.

It's a great punisher, and Wolf's Longest range attack.

Don't use it too much cause it's pretty easy to see coming once your opponent knows you can do it.

Used after a downthrow, forward throw or Fast falled Bair is the way to go.
Yeah I've been practicing on using it more in matches, just to identify the best opportunities to use it. I'll still probably use it only a few times per match tops, but I just wanna get better at identifying the best times to use it.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I gotta get this move down better. I can do it but I usually mess up in an actual fight, need to practice it more. I find wolf's harder than other characters for some reason.

Top Bottom