• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do people rage quit against you?

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I wish I still had it, but it was deleted because of the updates. I was playing Jr. against a Falcon who was hellbent on kneeing me. (Surprise, he didn't land a single one) I f-smashed him off the stage and as he was recovering, I ran off and b-reversed a Cannonball. It hit him and stage spiked him, and when he spawned, he veeeeerrrrry slowly walked to the edge of the stage, jumped off and Falcon Kicked himself into oblivion. -Obligatory Taunt-

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
It's hard for me to know when I have a salty sparring partner in For Glory. I can usually tell when that person tries to Ditto my character and then leaves immediately after I beat them down, or when they use a salty NameTag if it's the Wii U version. I had it happen against a decent Sheik player that I defeated about 3 times, then they switched to a nasty tag, my character and tried to beat me down. It almost never ends well for them when they do that.

Lord Sturm

Smash Rookie
to be honest ive never met one of these rage quitters but what ive met are players who ALWAYS focusing on me like in brawl and this is rly annoying

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I always taunt as much as I can when the other person suicides their last stock due to being horrible.

iNSANE

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNSANEwOw
Yesterday I wanted to test out my Roy and was matched against this other Roy player. First game was really close and I got lucky and barely won. So I decided to go ZSS, he started out better than me until I got a paralyzer offstage and Down B spiked him then I could already feel that he kind of raged because he was running so aggressive at me. I just ended up grabbing and comboing him for an easy 2stock. Next game we play he also picked ZSS and all he is doing is running away and spamming Down B and Paralyzer, needless to say I 2 stocked him again and left after the match.

I hate when people just run away and waste my time, the worst thing is that if a match goes on for a long time some of them don't even try to fight when they are behind in % instead they just wait for Sudden Death. It should really be changed so that the guy with less % wins by default, currently they just camp if they have high % and try to bait me into making overaggressive moves.

zapfish

Smash Rookie
NNID
zapfish
I notice most people who rage quit are like.. sheiks who lose to my kirby or meta knight, and it's pretty much exclusively sheiks, not even any other high tiers. My best guess is that it's someone who picked up sheik expecting to body people w/o putting in at least half an ounce of work.

Other times I see people rage quit is when I play what the other player (guessing here ofc) imagines is a high tier or something. I was playing random one time and got diddy, and the other person just SD'd twice from seeing diddy (mind you it looked like i switched to diddly b/c I way playing random). Funny thing is, that was post patch so I don't know why they would just give up. Only once did I ever have someone d/c because I brought in MK after Kirby, so like, they must have left b/c I was winning, or thought this was Brawl still haha

Ah, but if I had to say how often, probably somewhere between every 20-30 matches, it's not often I meet someone who just flat out disconnects or SDs, but it's often enough to put a rough estimate on. If i had to estimate how often someone leaves from the character selector angrily though, then maybe every 5-10, but I don't know how salty they are so I can't really judge.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Really often. I play PAC-MAN and I love zdrop fruit love. Nothing more to say xD

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
alot actually especially if im one of my mains

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of people don't realize a midgame quit when it happens, because its sometimes very subtle.

I know exactly when it happens though, and it happens a ridiculous amount(considering my 75% win rate). A lot are at the last 5 seconds of the round too. You can tell by a slight(or long) freeze, followed by an empty player slot immediately when the character select screen comes up.

If it's in the middle of the match, the CPU will act as a level 1 that will rarely attack, walk casually around or jump around the enemy. It will never do a get up attack or ledge attack, it will always just do a normal get up. That's when its obvious you got yourself a computer playing with you.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I got on FG for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday and I got three different people to SD away their second stocks. One was this really bad Sheik, one of them was Falcon, and one of them was Kirby. I guess it's just that nobody on FG knows how to react when a projectile is thrown their way, ironically enough (I was using R.O.B.), so the scrubs just leave. Saves me the time and effort, I suppose.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
A lot actually, especially if the other character is a high tier. Must be because I use Kirby and Jigglypuff so they expect a free win lol Mostly happens with Kirby though and I don't blame them, hard to expect anything good from a kirby player when 90% of FG Kirbies suck, so maybe it just shocks them.

I think a lot of people don't realize a midgame quit when it happens, because its sometimes very subtle.

I know exactly when it happens though, and it happens a ridiculous amount(considering my 75% win rate). A lot are at the last 5 seconds of the round too. You can tell by a slight(or long) freeze, followed by an empty player slot immediately when the character select screen comes up.

If it's in the middle of the match, the CPU will act as a level 1 that will rarely attack, walk casually around or jump around the enemy. It will never do a get up attack or ledge attack, it will always just do a normal get up. That's when its obvious you got yourself a computer playing with you.
History of my life lol (70% wr here) I especially love it when that long freeze happens like one milisecond before they hit the blastzone on their last stock like what is even the point of doing that as you are already dying?? I guess being penalized from playing online for like 20 minutes isn't a bad thing for some salty people or maybe they think doing that makes it so the win doesn't go to my record? I unno

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I once got a rage quitting Yoshi before, and a bunch of rage-quitting Little Macs. Useally when they suicide, I grab them, and backthrow them, and try to prevent them from suicide, just to see what they do, and since it's hilarious

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I've gotten a LOT of rage quitters, actually. Maybe it has to do with some of my mains...

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
I get that a lot when I play as Olimar, I guess people don't like it when most of what I do is roll and throw pikmin

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Worst example I can think of was probably justified, where I K/O'd the same guy with a Home-Run Bat 4 times, and then killed him with it again by chucking it at him when he was recovering high (he was pretty high %). He just spammed profanity into the name tag box until there were 5 seconds left and then quit, lol.

Aside from that, it's just the usual For Glory stuff where they either don't like my play-style, attempt to ditto with my character and play sloppy because they're obviously mad, or are just plain salty and spam curses into the name tag box.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Just today I got a rage quitter in a close match, which was stupid since it was anyone's game, but I'll accept it since I win

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
If you fight without spamming projectiles or using one annoying as hell move, people seem to be able to tolerate you a lot less, also when they don't get meteor spiked and die at like 30% helps too

D

Deleted member

I think I've only had it happen once and it happened today, but I admit I haven't played a ton on For Glory.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Normally it doesn't happen too often

But I notice people ragequit more often right after a patch.

RorioPizazzle

Smash Rookie
Wow, the thread's still going.
Well, I'm not the best player but Roy is my best character, and yesterday I was doing pretty well against this guy in FG. He beat me a few times with a Rosalina but when I got a lucky win he switched characters. I proceeded to win the four following matches and then he started trying to use the other Fire Emblem characters (I'm assuming this was a rage because he didn't know how to play as any of them.) Finally after beating his first stock as an Ike he turned around, jumped off the stage, and Up-B'd to death

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Nobody rage quits against me. I do however against them; I'm not officially the game's worst player for nothing. .(

1FC0

Smash Lord
Yeah very often.

Often when I beat a guy like 20 times in a row and he finally wins once he immediately quits. Today I had a guy like this and I think that literary within 5 minutes of him D/Cing after his first win after he got owned many times I got paired up against him again and offcourse he left again before the match started, proving that he did not quit Smash he just wanted to have won the last match against me. Actually I enjoy salty noobs like this. How is losing like 20-1 good just because you D/Ced after your first win because you won? How does salty noob logic work? Why not just stay for the practice like I often do when I get my first win against a better player?

Last edited:

RorioPizazzle

Smash Rookie
Yeah very often.

Often when I beat a guy like 20 times in a row and he finally wins once he immediately quits. Today I had a guy like this and I think that literary within 5 minutes of him D/Cing after his first win after he got owned many times I got paired up against him again and offcourse he left again before the match started, proving that he did not quit Smash he just wanted to have won the last match against me. Actually I enjoy salty noobs like this. How is losing like 20-1 good just because you D/Ced after your first win because you won? How does salty noob logic work? Why not just stay for the practice like I often do when I get my first win against a better player?

I often continuously fight people I know are better than me, sure it just buffs their wins and gives me losses, but I don't really care about win-loss ratio. I just want to get better, and it's honestly really fun to learn how they play.

RorioPizazzle

Smash Rookie
Well, speaking of ejecting the cart, that just happened to me for the first time; I beat a guy with my Shulk (I'm still learning) and so he pulls out his own Shulk. I win 3 out of six battles and on the seventh he gets rid of my first stock and then I somehow bair him at 60% without Smash Monado active. The game freezes for a moment and then it's just a level 1 CPU.

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I cannot recall anybody ever rage-quitting against me. To my benefit, I don't play online very often; but to my hindrance, I am just not that great of a player. I am that guy who puts up a decent fight, but can never clinch the win. Always 2nd place in 4-player matches, lol.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah very often.

Of course hes going to quit after 20 straight losses. He probably wanted to quit long before that win. That's a lot of matches anyways, he probably just got bored of you. I dont even fight anybody that many times. I usually get bored of somebody after the 2nd game. Sometimes on that 2nd game, I'd lose, and be like "oh i cant leave on a loss, I''ll play a few more games until I win, and then ill find somebody else". That's not a ragequit.

Some people think ragequit is just leaving a room after match. If thats ragequitting, everybody is a ragequitter. There are lots of reasons why you'd leave a room, not because of rage. I leave rooms after games a lot just to maximize player variety and matchups.

Ragequit is when somebody leaves midgame because they're getting bodied or the lag is killing them, or the opponent's playstyle is annoying the crap out of them.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Of course hes going to quit after 20 straight losses. He probably wanted to quit long before that win. That's a lot of matches anyways, he probably just got bored of you. I dont even fight anybody that many times. I usually get bored of somebody after the 2nd game. Sometimes on that 2nd game, I'd lose, and be like "oh i cant leave on a loss, I''ll play a few more games until I win, and then ill find somebody else". That's not a ragequit.
If he was so bored of me then why play until he wins? Why not just leave? Ae you really going to play 10 boring games just because you want to win once?

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
If he was so bored of me then why play until he wins? Why not just leave? Ae you really going to play 10 boring games just because you want to win once?
Really? What kind of person is satisfied with leaving a match without any wins.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Really? What kind of person is satisfied with leaving a match without any wins.
What person finds a win that barely means anything important enough to play 10 games that he does not enjoy for it?

I do not need a lucky win to feel good. What does it prove anyway if you need 20 games to win once and only won due to luck?

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
What person finds a win that barely means anything important enough to play 10 games that he does not enjoy for it?

I do not need a lucky win to feel good. What does it prove anyway if you need 20 games to win once and only won due to luck?
Look, I dont know about you, you could probably feel satisfied leaving a match without being able to beat your opponent once, but some people dont feel that way

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Look, I dont know about you, you could probably feel satisfied leaving a match without being able to beat your opponent once, but some people dont feel that way

Not winning does not feel satisfying to me but losing 20-1 with one win due to luck certainly does not satisfy me either. But if you like getting rekt 20-1 over 1-0 or 2-0 so much that you spend 45 minutes in matches that you do not even enjoy for it, then go for it!

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Never in real life, but I tend to get the salty Falco ditto in for glory a lot for some reason. I guess people still think he's bad.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Every time i play FG, I find a few people who rage quit against me. Its become more common ever since I've began maining Ryu, but it still happened fairly often back when I played Palutena as well.

It really fun to see somebody ragequit right before the they lose their last stock. They've already lost, so why would they prevent themselves from being able to play by disconnecting at this point?

Top Bottom