• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How often do people rage quit against you?

RorioPizazzle

Smash Rookie
Every time i play FG, I find a few people who rage quit against me. Its become more common ever since I've began maining Ryu, but it still happened fairly often back when I played Palutena as well.

Yeah, people underestimate Palutena. I mean, she's got a lot of end-lag for some moves, can be fairly predictable, but damn if you're a good player with her you kick ass. But because she's underestimated, you probably wouldn't get as many rage quitters

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Yeah, people underestimate Palutena. I mean, she's got a lot of end-lag for some moves, can be fairly predictable, but damn if you're a good player with her you kick ***. But because she's underestimated, you probably wouldn't get as many rage quitters
I think it has more to do with the fact that Ryu's high damage output and Shoryuken's amazing kill power catches most players off guard. Since Ryu is also becoming such a rare character online, most players don't know what to do against a good one and are more likely to rage quit against him if they are falling behind than against other characters.

On the other hand, Palutena is far less combo oriented than Ryu and is more focused on raw power and keeping her opponents in the air, which is less likely to overwhelm players. Most of the rage quits I've seen when I've played her were against players who either mindlessly threw projectiles and made it easy for me to reflect them or players who rushed in recklessly at the beginning of them match and got gimped at low percents.

Last edited:

Paxadin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paxadin
3DS FC
2767-1146-9743
I feel like most people in this thread can't tell the difference between rage quit, or just being done with whatever is going on.

I've actually quit on someone really late at night after having about 5 matches in a row of losing to predictable players because of auto-pilot sleepy mode. I usually SD and then go to sleep.
Sometimes I'll quit mid-match because lag bothers me too much. The worst kind is the lag that happens at random intervals.

I guess you could say my "RQ" is I change my name tag to something along the lines of "get internet".

Last edited:

RorioPizazzle

Smash Rookie
On the other hand, Palutena is far less combo oriented than Ryu and is more focused on raw power and keeping her opponents in the air, which is less likely to overwhelm players. Most of the rage quits I've seen when I've played her were against players who either mindlessly threw projectiles and made it easy for me to reflect them or players who rushed in recklessly at the beginning of them match and got gimped at low percents.
Ever since I picked up Palutena as an experimental secondary that's what I've noticed too. As for Ryu's damage... Yeah. Yeah that's a thing. I too get caught by it a lot, I still haven't gotten used to suddenly being "BAM 80%"

XenoBlur

Smash Cadet
NNID
XEN0_BLUR
Me all the time, Every time I play 4 Glory, People tell me tryhard only because I win with Sheik
This is one of the reasons of why I quit 4 Glory

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Every once in awhile. Or at most, every couple of matches. After winning some, the player either leaves, just like that, without saying a word or just flat out quits with a curse in the
name tag and that's it. Most of the times, it is the first.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I can't say - because you never know a person's reason for quitting (unless they put up a salty tag, which hasn't happened to me). I usually assume they're just done playing, or that they're getting bored of fighting me. I don't ever rage-quit, but there have been scenarios when my opponent could've interpreted it that way.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I only consider it a rage quit when somebody leaves in the middle of a match, whether it was through an actual disconnect or them intentionally SDing the rest of their stocks.

I don't consider leaving at the character select screen after a bad loss to be a rage quit. Sure, they may have left because they were mad about losing, but as long as they finish the match normally I don't get upset. They may also have something they need to do outside of Smash so they may not have had time to play more.

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
I find that mostly people who play top tier characters and I **** down their throats tend to leave the most, although no one really likes getting their **** torn off by mac...

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Rarely when I use Peach and trounce them their first stock, they self destruct the second.

But most suicides come when I use :4duckhunt:, although I'm pretty aggresive with it, many people don't know how to deal with its playstyle.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I don't really get many ragequits. Ike can't really camp or spam, which is what gets most people's anger boiling. The only time I ever really get suicides is when I manage to KO opponents while I'm still at a really low percent by gimping or getting a hard read. Happens a lot when I'm fighting Little Macs and floaties like Jiggs. It's never really rage, though, just giving up.

While it wasn't exactly a ragequit, one time when I was playing Ryu I did have a person end our set of matches after I dropped down from a respawn and instantly used true shoryuken for a game-winning KO. That was pretty hilarious.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
It's nothing new for me as a Link main (since FG players don't know what the shield button is). It just amuses me when I play other characters like Ike or Roy and people still accuse me of spamming lol.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I honestly never used to get a lot of Rage Quitters online. In fact it was very, very rare for people to Rage Quit against me; however I noticed that after the Youtube Feature was added I began to find a lot more people SDing mid-match than usual. There's never any lag in my matches a lot of the time and if there is there's very little of it, so I can't understand why they would give up so easily.

I noticed it typically happens when I take a stock off of them and have a huge lead (Only having between 30% to 50% on my first stock while they're on their second). I can understand if you don't want to stick around to get your butt handed to someone but it would still be nice to finish the match. You may never know, someone can easily screw up or you can make a great comeback.

Rage Quitting like that only shows me you're a poor sport and makes me lose respect for you as an opponent.

Aside from 1V1s though, I also get it often in 2V2s when me and a friend play. In fact just yesterday we encountered these two players who got KOed only twice I believe before proceeding to SD constantly. At the end of the match they were -30 behind because they SD'd so much during it. Again, just finish the match. It'll earn you some serious respect from me for at least trying. Fight till the end!

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
All the time.

But I main Dedede and Wario - two characters most players find incredibly annoying to play against I've heard. So it makes sense.

Last edited:

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
When I started to main R.O.B I wasn't familiar with his combos .... sooooo I was very projectile happy with him.... My opponents often rage quit when they were not able to able to adapt to the spam.

Side note, After spending time watching tutorials on R.O.B combos and progressing my skill while using him, I do not encounter as many rage quitters now.

Top Bottom