• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much would you pay for the gamecube adapte?

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Yay we get gamecubes controllers, but now we gotta pay alittle bit to use them. How much would you pay? I am saying 20 bucks tops. Share your thoughts fellow smashers!

KatKit

Smash Lord
$10-20. Maybe even $25 at the most. That is how much I am expecting it to cost at least.

I'd be willing to pay $30+ for an N64 controller adaptor, haha.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
$10-20. Maybe even $25 at the most. That is how much I am expecting it to cost at least.

I'd be willing to pay $30+ for an N64 adaptor, haha.
Interesting id expect the n64 adapter to be cheaper lol. Playing smash 64 with the gamecube controller aint bad. I thought nothing could replace the n64 controller. I was wrongg

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey it could be free lol so whats your prefered controller for smash?
I do not have a preferred controller at the moment. I am currently using the Wii Classic Pro controller, but I ordered the Wii U Pro controller that I am going to try out. I am planning on sticking with it for the most part. If it is horrible, I might actually just buy the Gamecube adapter. But that is more of a last resort plan.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I own 4 GC controllers already so it'd be a wise investment. I also own 4 Wii motes + nunchucks. I like the classic pro but I don't have a Wii U yet so I don't own one though I have a classic controller. Anyway, Smash will probably let you use all of the aforementioned types. If you own multiple GC controllers already, I think it's a must buy. Simply because variety is awesome, and in case your friends or family may prefer different controllers.

Interesting id expect the n64 adapter to be cheaper lol. Playing smash 64 with the gamecube controller aint bad. I thought nothing could replace the n64 controller. I was wrongg

It'd most likely be more expensive because it would cater to a smaller demographic. Plus N64 stuff surprisingly isn't all that cheap nowadays. Unless it is used.

I was talking about an N64 controller adaptor for the Wii U, by the way. It most likely isn't happening (from Nintendo at least; pretty sure third party stuff might exist even now), but that's my favorite Nintendo controller.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
$50 is the most reasonable price in my mind. Most 3rd party stuff sucks but costs a lot, but the Gamecube Adapter is not sucky and might actually work!. I's pay much for something that is good and pay little for something that I know will suck. That is just my Staffo Instinct kicking in

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I do not have a preferred controller at the moment. I am currently using the Wii Classic Pro controller, but I ordered the Wii U Pro controller that I am going to try out. I am planning on sticking with it for the most part. If it is horrible, I might actually just buy the Gamecube adapter. But that is more of a last resort plan.
Let me know how the pro controller play was thinking of getting atleast one pro with my wii u. Might be a good option but for now i cant deny my gamecube controllers

theinstituter

Smash Cadet
NNID
theinstituter
3DS FC
0662-2468-9863
Let me know how the pro controller play was thinking of getting atleast one pro with my wii u. Might be a good option but for now i cant deny my gamecube controllers
Yeah, I was also thinking about getting at least 1 Wii U Pro Controller, but im still not sure d:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I don't even have a pro controller yet, but it's pretty sweet looking. The regular classic controller lacked... grip. So they fixed that. And the trigger buttons look more practical. I'm going to get one for sure.

Also... since the GC controller can be used on Wii U, that means the PS2 controller can, if you use a controller converter, which costs $10-15. I have one and I used it in Brawl and Melee. So if I get a GC adaptor, I can plug in a PS2 controller to play a Wii U game! The concept is complete madness. But it is pretty fun once you get used to it.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Well I'm sure we'll get a slew of 3rd party amazon works-just-as-well gamecube adapters.

But the most I'd pay is $10.

Hell, they need to bundle it with the game.

KatKit

Smash Lord
The pricey-ness is worth it more often than not since their products are made from Nintendium and are almost indestructable and darn near everlasting. I mean, have you seen how durable a Gamecube is? And 16 years later, all of my N64 controllers work. Don't get me started on the cartridges; just blow them and that's it; my sister literally threw Mario Party 2 at a wall and it was unscathed. Meanwhile, while countless third party Gamestop Gamecube controllers break everyday for no reason, I'm using my 10+ year old GC Nintendo controllers and they're all great, and I can still use them on a different console 2 videogame generations later. Long story short, the pricey first party stuff is worth the extra $5-10 you might not want to initially pay for, since it lasts long and is superior to cheaper knockoffs in every way.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I would pay up to 40-50$ or as much as a controller without even thinking about it. Anymore and I would start getting grumpy but still do it until around 70$. I would really think about it if it got that costly and might seek out a alternate product

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I'm expecting it would come with at least one Smash Bros logo GC controller so $50 seems reasonable ... I would love a game/controller/adapter bundle for $100 :)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Nintendo listened to the fans and
It must've been hard to create it, I would definatley pay 35-50 dollars for it, 10 dollars is not gonna happen, and I honestly can't believe some people think over 10 dollars is pricey for something as amazing as this

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well I'm sure we'll get a slew of 3rd party amazon works-just-as-well gamecube adapters.

But the most I'd pay is $10.

Hell, they need to bundle it with the game.
What about people who don't have GCN controllers? Would it make an excellent paperweight?

JediLink

Smash Ace
What about people who don't have GCN controllers? Would it make an excellent paperweight?
Nah, it probably wouldn't work too well as a paperweight. Too light.

I don't think it necessarily needs to be bundled with every single copy of the game because there are going to be plenty of people perfectly content with the other control options, but at the same time, there's probably going to be a fairly large percentage of people who do have GCN controllers.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Nah, it probably wouldn't work too well as a paperweight. Too light.

I don't think it necessarily needs to be bundled with every single copy of the game because there are going to be plenty of people perfectly content with the other control options, but at the same time, there's probably going to be a fairly large percentage of people who do have GCN controllers.
I know but I just don't want them to bundle it with EVERY copy...maybe have a version that comes with both the adapter and that slick-looking Smash GCN controller and a normal version?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Nothing.
I play with Wii+chuk so I don't give a...care about it. I already told my meleeber friends that if they want to play Sm4sh with GCN controllers, they'll have to buy it and bring it to my place.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Maybe there's a "cool edition" like it was with Xenoblade, Skyward Sword, Fling Smash and all of that games. I mean, a $49,99 standard edition and a $64,99 edition that includes this adapter.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
$10-15. If it cost $20 just for the adapter, it'd probably be cheaper just to get a Pro... but I realize it's going to be GCC only at tourneys, so I'd want to practice with the GCC if possible.

Top Bottom