• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much does melee cost?

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
A long time ago, my copy of melee was scratched and it stopped working. After playing melee at my cousins house last week, I felt like I wanted to buy a new copy of melee. So, how much does melee cost?

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
New, like $150. You can find it used for around $75.

After I got my copy (used, works fine), I saw a package deal on ebay going $100. It had the cube, 4 controllers, and several games including melee. Would have saved some money going that route, but since it sounds like you already have a cube, your best bet is to go with used on amazon or a local game store unless you can get lucky on ebay.

Cool

Smash Journeyman
It usually costs around $100-150.

Sorry man, if I had an extra copy I would give it to you. I can tell you that the game is definitely worth it, though.

By the way, if you have a Wii and want to "soft mod" it, you can get the Homebrew Channel. You can then download for free and play a popular mod/hack of Melee called "20XX Training Pack." It's great for practicing tech skill. Good luck dude.

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
By the way, if you have a Wii and want to "soft mod" it, you can get the Homebrew Channel. You can then download for free and play a popular mod/hack of Melee called "20XX Training Pack." It's great for practicing tech skill. Good luck dude.
I actually have the homebrew channel. I've also heard of the 20XX Pack. Thing is, I cant find a tutorial that I can understand.

IAmHorse

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-3124-0028
You would need to download a copy of Melee to patch in the 20XX training pack (not completely legal,) but you do not need to have a physical copy if you are fine with pirating the game. Here is everything you would ever need to know about 20XX:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-20xx-melee-training-hack-pack-v4-05-update-3-17-16.351221/
Thanks dude, much appreciated.
I used to own a copy of melee but it got scratched beyond repair, so pirating it isnt really an issue for me.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Melee is getting type expensive mayne. Wonder when Nintendo is gonna drop that bombshell announcement :D

ShineHazZaRd

Smash Rookie
NNID
LuigiMario793
3DS FC
4124-5762-8357
You could emulate it with Dolphin. It's free and easier to mod (e.g. 20XX training pack, silly melee, etc). Just need a decent PC and a method of connecting a GC controller such as a Wii U adapter. :foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee:

Top Bottom