• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many Yoshi colors are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
How many Yoshi colors were there in Yoshi's story? I can't remember...I wonder if they will restrict the recolors in Brawl to be those...how cool would a White Yoshi be?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
In Yoshi Story, there were 8 yoshis(red, blue, cyan, green, yellow, pink, black and white), and so far in the demo, he has the origional 6 colors. I am really hoping that black and white yoshis will be unlockable, as well as some of the other costumes(Doc, Shadow Mario, ect). Also, it would be very, very cool if Boshi could be an alternate costume for him, but I highly doubt that.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Red, Yellow, Cyan, Blue, Green, Black, White, Pink were in Yoshi's Story...

only Black and White are not in Brawl...I believe...

Yo'ster

Smash Rookie
I recall hearing of a purple Yoshi in Yoshi's Story. I believe it was unlocked by collecting all the coins available on a trip through the story mode or something. Anyway, I'd be happy with Green, White, and Black. Brawl has had a lot of changes so who knows, unlockable colors maybe?

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
This disproves the possibility for unlockable costumes. Because all the yoshis were the same.
LOL WUT?

Yoshis are a species of animals, they aren't all the same.

Anyways, Boshi needs to be an alt so all of the SMRPG fanboys will be happy.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
kinda off-topic, but i like the idea of unlockable costumes, i think its a very cool thing to achieve while playing, not like trophies which only have some text (though i like them), but actually unlocking somehting for character which you'll be able to use while playing without getting advantajes(like in DBZ:BT2 when you use a custom character with improved stats).

Chepe

Smash Lord
I really hope black and white Yoshi are in the final version of Brawl, it would be totally kickass... And why not throw in purple and orange to complete all the Yoshi colors? Yoshi's Island DS has all these colors in the game, and Im sure Sakurai has looked into the game at some point...

Heat X

Smash Apprentice
while your at it, why not suggest rainbow coloured yoshi?
the original 4 are fine for me but it would be cool to have a few more costumes

Dargum

Smash Rookie
thats the perfect pic for all the yoshi colors. it should be included in brawl

ps: has anyone unlocked all those colors in yoshi story on n64, that was a good game

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Why aren't Black and White available in Brawl I wonder?

They are the coolest looking by far in my opinion.

Maybe they are unlockable like in Yoshi's story? That'd be awesome :D

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Well if you play as a black or white yoshi, someone might think you're racist -_-'
Actually I love the idea (of the YS colors all being in) and obviously Boshi as an alt. costume.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well if you play as a black or white yoshi, someone might think you're racist -_-'
Actually I love the idea (of the YS colors all being in) and obviously Boshi as an alt. costume.
And we all know what they say about people who play as pink yoshi...

Dude, Boshi costume would make me play as Yoshi. Seriously. That and his improved Up-B would make him amazing.

Darkenedsoul

Smash Cadet
yoshi could have tons of different colours like one of them could be orange from mario sunshine.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
And we all know what they say about people who play as pink yoshi...

Dude, Boshi costume would make me play as Yoshi. Seriously. That and his improved Up-B would make him amazing.
Pink Yoshi users = VERY secure with themselves.
As for Boshi, with all the nostaliga being put into Brawl as far as I see, the alt seems likely. But only in one game, so maybe not. We'll see.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea I always use Pink Yoshi...with the occasional Cyan...

and as for Boshi being in one game...how hard is it to make ripped shoes, a spiked collar and some shades....and theres also the often spoken of Sheik thing....

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
If I can't play as orange yoshi in the final version of brawl I will scream very loudly.

Yoshi's Story isn't the game to be using as an example anymore. Yoshi's Island DS is the game that Yoshi is based on in brawl. It's the only game to have all of his colors:
Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Cyan, Purple, Orange, White, and Black.

I want to play as orange yoshi, but I could maaayyybe settle for white. Or else I'll just have to play as yellow or cyan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom