• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many of You are Going to Buy The Wii U/3DS Versions?

Which ones are you getting.

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is a quick poll I made since we are getting near the 3DS release date, I figured with everyone here, I should make this poll, as I'm curious of the numbers and results I'll be getting.
I'm definitely getting both as early as possible.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm buying only the 3DS version. Though if I do happen to get a Wii U sometime down the road I'll get Smash Wii U.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I am planning on getting both versions, though my excitement for the 3DS version has died a bit.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I already have both versions pre-ordered and paid off. I got a 3DS and a Wii U more than a year in advance to be sure I could play both on launch day. Needless to say, I've been pleasantly surprised by both systems and have not at all regretted either purchase.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Both. Even after the Wii U version comes out, there's no denying the joy of Smash on-the-go.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm hoping to get both. I already have the 3DS version pre-ordered and fully paid off, so I will definitely be getting that one. I'm hoping to get the Smash4U GC controller and adapter bundle for Christmas.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Both, though the timeframe will depend on whether or not there is a console bundle for the U version. If not, it'll come later.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Getting both soon as soon as possible. I was already planning to from the start, but with the soundtrack offer, I'm just about obligated to now.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Definitely getting the 3DS version and I may consider getting the Wii U version (even though I do not have the Wii U console as of yet but hopefully soon) for the CD Soundtrack.

MonkeyThunder

Smash Rookie
I am most definitely buying both versions. Smash 3DS for Smash on the go and Wii U for at home! Smash all the time! Life cannot get much better than that.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Getting both here myself. Maybe some parts of this game could be better, but the convenience of Smash'ing everywhere is too much to pass up. And when I'm home, I'll go to my theater room and Smash there in HD. And just in case I can't play either games, the high-quality rips from the bonus soundtrack will keep me humming to the game while being out and about. So it's gonna be a chilling winter of Smashing for me.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
As of right now, I'm only planning on getting the Wii U version. But we'll see how things look down the road. No one around me currently plays Smash and Smash 3DS seems built around the whole "grab your friends and hang out" thing that Nintendo is so infamous for developing over and yet forgetting that's not how it works in the west.

Both games look great. Honestly. But I won't get much mileage out of the 3DS version right now.

FellaMcFellerson

Smash Rookie
NNID
FellaMcFellerson
3DS FC
1332-8566-3095
I am planning on getting both versions and have been since I got a Wii U last Christmas. Both games look fantastic and, no matter where I go, I'll be able to play Smash. That is more than I could ever ask for. The soundtrack offer from Club Nintendo is also nice.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Just the Wii U version for me. I don't own a 3DS, and although it looks quite nice on the 3DS, I'm not really all that interested in any other 3DS titles other than (slightly) Pokemon X / Y, but not enough to warrant buying one.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I don't have a 3DS, but I do have a Wii U. My friend has a 3DS, but no Wii U. We plan on registering both under my account to get the free soundtrack, and anything unlocked with both versions. He gets to play with me on Wii U, we switch over to 3DS and alternate who plays it during school hours.

It's a fairly good deal.

Spirst

I'm getting both versions seeing as how I love this series that much. Hell, I'll even pick up the PS4/Xbox One/Dreamcast versions too.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Getting both. I figured they would both play differently since the 3DS controls are odd... Definitely will play the wii u version more often since it's in HD and has easier controls. Will still play the 3DS a lot since it's actually not that bad at all

the8thark

Smash Lord
I am planning to get the WiiU version only. And find the soundtrack online somewhere. The only change to this would be if Nintendo act like ****s and make us own both versions to use all the future added characters.

Last edited:

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
My hype for the 3DS version has died completely so I'm only going to buy the Wii U version.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I own both a 3DS and Wii U, so why not buying both versions as well, hm? And I want that soundtrack.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Just getting the Wii U version. Even if I did own a 3DS, I don't see myself enjoying Smash Bros on a handheld, especially the 3DS. I got hand cramps from playing Mario Kart 7 on my sister's 3DS, so I doubt I could play Smash Bros well on it.

Smash Bros is something I want to play on a TV with a proper controller. Simple as that.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Currently, I have the Wii U version preordered and paid in full. Maybe I'll decide to get the 3DS version eventually, but for now I'm not going to get it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Definitely getting both versions! 3DS for when I stay over at my boyfriend's place... Wii U for when I'm home with my 50 in. HD TV. :awesome:

Top Bottom