• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How many of you actually use Super Smash iPod 3DS?

Do you use the sleep mode feature?

• Total voters

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So for those who don't know, there is a sleep mode option in the sounds section of the game where music can play even when you put your 3DS in sleep mode. You can even make a favorites playlist and go through songs using the L and R button.

How many of you actually use this feature? I have and I think it's a pretty neat one. I hope there is actually DLC for stages that add music. Add more sound tracks.

Last edited:

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
Oh, I didn't do that particular version of the feature, but I did have the 3DS open while looking through songs. I did what you said more with Persona 4 Golden, but I should make a playlist for this game, too.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Well I'd assume it'd be nice to treat the 3DS as an iPod for music. Not like there's music I want to hear, since I'm not fond of Sakurai's options as to try and put 2 songs in one (ex. Reshiram / Zekrom remix and then all of the sudden put a cave theme there), but the option is there for those good songs like Final Destination's Melee Ver. 2 (scratch that, AMAZING song).

But I'd rather use Youtube and music videos whenever I'm at home. If I'm not at home with my 3DS, I'd rather just so some matches against some computers as a competitive player rather than just listen to some music if I can do the same while playing matches.

pinipigbomb

Smash Rookie
NNID
pinipigbomb
If I could create my own folders/playlists, it would have been pretty nice, especially since I really like this game's OST lineup. However, since my iPod can do all of that already, I really don't have a use for it.

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
Yeah, sometimes.
I play the Minor Circuit when I work out, then again I always have.
Other than that, not really.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Honestly not really.

I just want better options to choose what song I play on stages instead of it being limited to just two. Luckily the Wii U version has a My Music just like Brawl.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I haven't really yet, mostly because I always forget to bring my headphones around, and I carry and XL.
HOWEVER, if I am on the road, in the back of a vehicle or something, I will definitely put it too use.
Really though, putting the cd tracks when they release onto an ipod or some sort of mp3 player would be much more handy.

Kekezo

Smash Cadet
I did that once when I was working on schoolwork after playing on 3ds.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
.... i love you so ****ing much right now.

i wanted to get music from games on my phone before, but i didn't want to eat up my data and/or download it illegally. This solves my predicament, but it kinda brings up another one. i have a 2ds so it's not that portable and i don't have a case either (can't buy one either) so i have to leave it naked and might get scratches in my backpack. this will also eat my battery too... so lol

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
.... i love you so ****ing much right now.

i wanted to get music from games on my phone before, but i didn't want to eat up my data and/or download it illegally. This solves my predicament, but it kinda brings up another one. i have a 2ds so it's not that portable and i don't have a case either (can't buy one either) so i have to leave it naked and might get scratches in my backpack. this will also eat my battery too... so lol
Get a case, plug in headphones, put the 2DS in sideways, then zip the case with enough room for the headphone cord.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Get a case, plug in headphones, put the 2DS in sideways, then zip the case with enough room for the headphone cord.
Like I said, I can't buy one. I'm trying to find a pouch or something that could fit my 2DS right now but they're too small :p

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I tried using it once and the song stopped playing after a few minutes. Is it supposed to do that or am I using it wrong?

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Wait how do you save the playlist? i turned it back off and on and i lost my playlist..

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This would be godlike if the soundtrack wasn't awful for the most part.

N's Castle, Gerudo Valley, Bath Time, 3D Land, Smiles And Tears, Magicant, Ocarina Of Time Medley, The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley, PAC-MAN, Pac-Man's Park, Green Hill Zone, Spark Man, Air Man, Megaman 2 Medley, Kapp'n's Song, Paper Mario Medley, Star Wolf, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Trainer Battle XY, Id ~Purpose~, Fire Emblem (Melee), Yoshi's Island, Full Steam Ahead, Rocket Barrel, Dark Emperor...

TL;DR - What's wrong with your ears?

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Put headphones in.
Does it only work with headphones, 'cause mine doesn't work otherwise. I was trying to listen to my 3DS in sleep mode with my siblings and it didn't work. Color me disappointed.

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
The only issue I got with the 3DS is that its not loud enough, I can barely hear anything when riding the bus so I stick with the MP3 and Youtube.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I turn it on while I'm at work and plug it into the radio so I can listen without headphones. Aside from that, I sometimes just plug it in, turn on my favorites, and lay down and read (when I'm not using the My Music appthing for that).

It's pretty great, since I don't own a smartphone or an iThing.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I haven't. I love to listen to music at work, but my iPhone hardly fits into my pocket as it is. My 3DS absolutely could not. lol And when I'm at home, if I want to listen to SSB3DS music I'll pull up the playlist on YouTube.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have no reasons to use it when I can listen to the Smash 3DS songs on my PC instead.

JGR

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhoenixVonKarma
3DS FC
0516-8363-0205
Just tried it. It's pretty cool. I love Bath Time (vocal mix) and Gerudo Valley.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
It's amazingly useful.

If you didn't know, this feature was also in Sonic Generations.

DadPalindrome

Smash Cadet
NNID
DadPalindrome
3DS FC
3780-9241-3996
I had no idea that feature existed.

But no, I won't use it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't plan to do that anytime soon. I'll just stick to listening music on my Spotify.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Fact: Since video game music as a whole is designed to provide an ambient mood without distracting the player (songs that don't do that job are called "annoying soundtracks" and can bring down a game's quality as a whole), it's been proven to be one of the most effective genres to study by.

I'm a college student. Do the math. Not my math, though – I'd fail for plagiarism if you did that.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Actually I use this alot.

The stickerbrush symphony remix is still amazing everytime I hear it.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I've only used the feature once since I have an iPod and thanks to the magic of Youtube to MP3 conversion, I was able to "procure" my favourite songs from the game so I could listen to them whenever I please. I think it's a wonderful feature though and I'm very happy it's in the game! ^_^

HiNiTe

Smash Cadet
Rarely but it's a nice feature. Faster way to listen to some songs than going on YouTube, as well.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I never actually thought of doing this... Now that I know about this, I'm part of the minority that will do this at least until someone uploads the entire soundtrack on the internet, and maybe even then.

Edit: Okay, maybe not the minority, because 'yes' is winning the poll so far...

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Only good soundtrack out of most of the garbage is xenoblade.

But they selected only two themes, my favs are Zanza's theme and confronting the enemy.

Never gonna use this, its a game console not an mp3 player that has rubbish music.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Only good soundtrack out of most of the garbage is xenoblade.

But they selected only two themes, my favs are Zanza's theme and confronting the enemy.

Never gonna use this, its a game console not an mp3 player that has rubbish music.
The music pulled from other series and remixed are great.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I was never aware that this exsisted, but now that I do know, I may use it in the future.

Top Bottom