• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many NEW characters are there actually left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was thinking about it, with all the confirmed characters announced and semi confirmed characters that are returning, we don't actually have THAT many new characters to come...

Confirmed Characters:

1 Mario
2 Pikachu
3 Wario
4 Samus/Zamus
5 Snake
6 Pit
8 Fox
9 Link
10 Kirby
11 Meta Knight

So thats basically 11 there which we have SEEN. But we also have the semi-confirmed characters who we know are returning:

12 Yoshi
13 Luigi
14 Bowser
15 Peach
16 Jigglypuff
17 Captain Falcon
18 Ness
19 Donkey Kong

So thats 19 characters we DEFINETELY know are returning.

In a recent interview with Nintendrone Nintendo said their wouldn't be any more than 50 characters (duh)

So lets say they're 40.

Here are the folk that havn't been confirmed to be returning but most likely will:

20 Marth
21 Gannondorf
22 Falco
23 Zelda
24 Ice Climbers

That's us upto 24 now, decent number, right? So that means we MAY be saying goodbye to:

Mewtwo, Pichu, Y. Link, G & W, Doc Mario and Roy.

Lets say Brawl is upto 40 characters (a decent amount for a next gen game, right?)

So we'v got 16 other slots left. Okay, that is a decent amount, but who's gonna go in it?

Here are my predictions, (educated guesses okay, none of that fanboy crap)

25 Golden Sun character - Most likely Issac
26 Fire Emblem character - Dunno, Black Knight? Ike?
27 Zelda character - Tingle/Midna
28 Metroid character - Ridley or Dark Samus
29 Pokemon character - Doesyx
30 Pokemon character - Ash/Lucrio
31 Captain Olimar
32 Star Fox character - Wolf or Krystal
33 Sega character - Sonic
34 Other Third party character - Crono/Sora/Megaman
35 Animal Crossing - Tom Nook
36 Advanced Wars character - Sammi/Max

The last four are educated guesses of who Nintendo might want so they can follow up/advertise upcoming/future games;

37 Giest
38 Mach Rider
39 Balloon Fighter
40 WTF Character.

That's my prediction, we are actually looking at a decent amount of new characters.

Vali

Smash Ace
Why would Ganondorf and Zelda not be on the semi-confirmed list?

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Well, you do have new Zelda characters coming in.

Possibly Midna, or even Tingle? Hell, maybe even WWLink or Wolf Link?

But they are in the unconfirmed, but most likely to be in characters list. They have a good chance of returning, but aren't exactly confirmed to the point I'd bet money on it.

Sakurai did say all characters from SSB64 would be returning, hense why the likes of Jiggly Puff are in the semi-confirmed list.

Vali

Smash Ace
You're seriously saying that they will leave out Zelda or Ganondorf in favour of Tingle, WW Link, Midna or Wolf Link? :confused:

Sakurai apparently said that in an interview with someone of questionable reliability. If you weren't gonna bet money on anything I think it'd be that considering that he got an interview with Sakurai and was allowed to say all that stuff yet the Nintendo media summit embargoed pretty much everything, including Reggie's speech for a while which didn't even contain any new information on anything. Quite.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The answer is obvious, no one knows, and no matter how many lists of "semi-confirmed" or "likely characters" lists we make based on whatever assumptions, will be wrong.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I am not saying they won't make it, I'm saying they aren't confirmed even the slightest - although they are MOST LIKELY to come back.

An assumption is thinking Waluigi will be in Brawl, or Daisey.

Sure my "assumptions" are ASSUMPTIONS, but they're educated assumptions which I've studied on, these are the characters most likely to be seen in brawl.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Hey there.
Well, I know you're just trying to make educated guesses, but I just wanted to point out a few things.
First, as has already mentioned, there just seems to be a problem with the idea that Midna may make the game over Ganondorf and Zelda.
Also, while everyone has their hopes up for Sonic, I doubt it is going to happen. A while back, this was posted on IGN:
"IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment."
Found here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html

Finally, I doubt we will see Krystal or Wolf. Both seem like they would end up too clone-ish for the game.

Anyways, that's what I think, but this is my first post, I'm only a newb.

Vali

Smash Ace
I am not saying they won't make it, I'm saying they aren't confirmed even the slightest - although they are MOST LIKELY to come back.
The only one that is confirmed even the slightest in the "semi-confirmed" section is Yoshi because he has his own stage. Anything else is just speculation until anything is officially confirmed. This does not include 'Nintendrone'.

An assumption is thinking Waluigi will be in Brawl, or Daisey.
Or pretty much anyone else that has yet to be confirmed.

Sure my "assumptions" are ASSUMPTIONS, but they're educated assumptions which I've studied on, these are the characters most likely to be seen in brawl.
Educated? How? Did you go to Brawl Roster Prediction School? Any candidate could be confirmed, no matter how likely or unlikely you or anyone else might think they are as long as they've been present in at least one game on at least one Nintendo console. The fact that you have "Ash" down on the Pokemon section of the list, which I assume can only mean the trainer, kind of suggests that these probably aren't "the characters most likely to be seen in brawl".

Edit: Bog he was talking in the context of the interview. "That's not on the cards at the moment" should read "That isn't what we are discussing at the moment".

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
Erm, where does he ever say Midna will get in before Zelda? He lists Zelda and Ganondorf as slots 20 and 21. He isn't saying that they won't make it and Midna will; He put them in far before putting Midna/Tingle. You guys need to realize that just because he says they aren't confirmed doesn't mean he thinks they won't come back.

Vali

Smash Ace
Erm, where does he ever say Midna will get in before Zelda? He lists Zelda and Ganondorf as slots 20 and 21. He isn't saying that they won't make it and Midna will; He put them in far before putting Midna/Tingle.
I asked him "Why would Ganondorf and Zelda not be on the semi-confirmed list?" to which he replied:

"Well, you do have new Zelda characters coming in. Possibly Midna, or even Tingle? Hell, maybe even WWLink or Wolf Link?".

If he wasn't saying there was a chance that they'd take Zelda or Ganondorf's place then his response makes no sense.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
G@W and mewtwo aren't under probably removed, the only thing Sakurai said was that not all characters were returing . i doubt that an advanced wars or golden sun character will come in. for other character suggestions, look under mcfox's pics for brawl, i agree with all of the very liklies except wolf replacing krystal. Ridley is better than dark samus any day.
but this was a good idea i tried to count the open slots myself once only with Doc, pichu, and Ylink not returning.

(and the ssb64 characters were confirmed)

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
To Mr Vali:

Jesus christ dood, its common sense - I never stated ANYWHERE, Midna has a better chance than Zelda/Gdorf - after all GDorf and Zelda are in the most likely list - whilst Midna is a prediction.

Also - I'd appreciate it if you weren't so rude. "Brawl Prediction School" - did you attend the University of Pathetic Sarcasm?

Looky Mr. Vali okay - I'm here on the forum to contribute and give me opinion an try an clear up the air on who to expect for Brawl. I know I have NO RELATION towards Sakurai, but neither do you - so your opinion is as valid/pointless as mine when it comes to characters. Only difference is, I don't go around blowing off peoples idea's so blatantly because I don't like them.

Got nothing positive to say? Then don't say anything at all.

(I don't mind people saying X character shouldn't be in and x character should, but what I do mind is sarcastic time wasters such as yourself.)

Thank you for reading.

Have a nice day and don't bother posting again :)

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
I Read That Gannondorf will be a Returning character and He Will Have His Sword.

Vali

Smash Ace
I actually do agree with most/quite a few of your choices but I guess I was being a bit overly sarcastic. Sorry. It's a bad habit of mine.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Apology accepted bro :)

Sorry for being rude to ya too - we're all Melee'rs here, soon to be Brawlers lol.

Vali

Smash Ace
Come this holiday season *cry*.

In regards to your original post have you thought of expanding upon why you chose certain characters and franchises to be represented in Brawl? Would be interesting to hear your reasoning behind some more uncommon selections (Isaac while very popular for example and certainly the only candidate for a Golden Sun representative often isn't included on many lists). Most Brawl lists come with shiny pictures and everything but that isn't really too necessary. It kind of would be advisable to expand on your reasoning though since the mods (well, McFox at least) has a policy on closing "My List for Brawl" topics unless it actually is constructed with reasons and the like. At least that was his reason for keeping his own "My list for Brawl" topic open :chuckle:.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Come this holiday season *cry*.

In regards to your original post have you thought of expanding upon why you chose certain characters and franchises to be represented in Brawl? Would be interesting to hear your reasoning behind some more uncommon selections (Isaac while very popular for example and certainly the only candidate for a Golden Sun representative often isn't included on many lists). Most Brawl lists come with shiny pictures and everything but that isn't really too necessary. It kind of would be advisable to expand on your reasoning though since the mods (well, McFox at least) has a policy on closing "My List for Brawl" topics unless it actually is constructed with reasons and the like. At least that was his reason for keeping his own "My list for Brawl" topic open :chuckle:.
Will do that just now :D

Thanks for the upsight :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Anyone beyond the first 11 you posted are completely up in the air. In particular, Ness is not "DEFINITELY" confirmed. Mother 3 came out recently in Japan, and Sakurai has said he wanted to have someone from that game in Smash. Mother 3 characters could easily replace Earthbound ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom