• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many KO's did you get today?

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
This is just a little thread where we can brag about how many kills we got today.

Make sure to mention how you got some of your best kills :D!

For anyone who doesn't know how to keep track, just check the stars under your character picture at the selection screen. Changing names and D/Cing resets the meter for kills.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
When in BB, I usually get over 20kos cuz ppl are too scared to stick around. -.- In a long lasting group though, I've gotten well over 100kos. Characters I use most are green Snake, red /tan Ike, red Fox, orange Weegee, and green Marth. My KO of the day so far was b-airing a DDD into that spike on the bottom middle part of Temple in which he shot straight down to his death. That big spike thingy does wonders...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
most ive gotten was like 12 in one match

today like 6 in one match

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Most I've gotten in a single match is 12 with King DDD, everyone was clumsy and OP items were on.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I had a four today in one on one, none notable. But I had a great kill against a planking meta knight (who was still beating me). Dair spike timed just right. The guy was cool and gave me a "fight me" taunt after.

I don't think I have ever seen my counter above 20 something, but I am almost always changing groups looking for better matches

:phone:

:phone:

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
I had this hilarious kill against a good Pit. The other two players kept attacking him and I just watched. When Pit tried to attack me with a dash attack, I moved a bit forward and reversed an fsmash from Ike. He ran right into it xD. The best part is that the match ended with Ike's "hmph" from his d-taunt.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I got a grant total of one today. I find that funny being a neutral player who doesn't take sides.
Someone took us to the Control Room and I kinda abused the horrible yet interesting camera. ^^'
I can hit people by suprise. Cheap... but I found quite enjoyable while it lasted.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Most I've gotten legitly (Using no items.) Was 9 in one match. On FD, merely throwing everyone around. Lol. I would say about 3 of the kills were spikes. I also killed all three of them at once with F-Smash, so that helped me get to 9. (I have the picture :3) Although, they weren't that good of a player. :reverse:

But, I did kill a semi-pro :marth: 5 times in a row during a 1v1 match on FD. I usually get about 80 stars just with 1v1's (I am sure some of those stars were from the people watching us fight. They'd accidentally suicide after they got caught in one of my attacks. Lol.) til we get D/C'd, or I come across a ''U mad'' inducer who likes to D/C us all after losing.

With items? 17. On Smashfield (Sp?). I got alot of legendary pokemon + using thunderstomping techniques to increase their perishing chances. Like when Staryu (Sp?) uses that, uhh.. laser? (I forgot about like 99% of pokemon .-.) and pushes them off the edge, that is an automatic wish to be spiked to their inevitable doom. Then there was lugia, entei, those annoying flying ones, the penguin one, (Nevermind. I think I am just stupid today. I know their names.. My brain is just handicapped right now. XD) Snorlax, and.. maybe 2 brawl balls that killed them all twice in a row.. + alot of spiking already. Lolol. I was a royal *****. :awesome: I got lucky to get 17 simply because I didn't make even one mistake. I connected everything. It was hysterical. It was almost like they were all moving slower than normal, and I was able to see everything. I love those moments! :awesome:

My funniest KO's?

1. We were on Jungle Japes. I was being stupid and jumping under the ledges with Ganondorf, and this snake gets lucky with his missile. It comes straight down to where I was, and knocked me into a klap-trap, so I died. So immediately, I saw him on the left-middle of the level near the edge. I thunderstomped him once, and I thunderstomped him immediately after the first one, and he went diagonal this time. He went straight through the water to his doom. Lol! :bee:

2. A pro marth and I were in a furious battle on FD. His playstyle made it easier for me to approach him, but he still knew what he was doing. He tried to approach with an aerial and I snuck a Up-Smash in his face. He had about 50% so he didn't die. I grabbed a capsule and threw it upwards towards his descent, he air-dodged it, and...while in those air-dodge frames.. . . . .

Dun du dun! Ganondorf used an Up-Tilt assassin attack! It's suuuuupppeeeerrrr effective!

Now we know :marth: drinks redbull! The way he flew.. It was beautiful.

3. It always feels good when you can destroy somebody even if they use items, right? Even if they obviously have ALOT of skill to begin with. You still can take them down. Well, this Ness on FD thought he was hot stuff (using curry) and pushed me towards the edge. I played it out and acted like I didn't know what to do, and kept ''barely'' making it to the ledge, and on the third one I rolled onto the stage and almost by instinct went straight for a thunderstomp while his back was turned. He instantly died, and it was SO brutal, he actually collided before he hit the blastzone hence seeing him get KO'd by the ceiling on FD, and not into a star KO. (What do you call those KO's? They seem glitched. Lol.)

4. Ahh, last one for now. XD On FD, I spiked a very pro Captain Falcon's FAAAALLLLCOOOONNN PAWWWNNNCCCCHH to his doom. He really got on my last nerve. (He would just go around reversing his B move on all of the noobs, when he knew he couldn't take my Ganondorf like a man.) So another match him and I made it to Sudden Death. He was taunting me and being a putz about everything. So I mocked him by doing flight of ganon ON sudden death with him 3 feet away from me (Which means, if I messed up.. Lol.) He completely froze, I came down and immediately dashed attack. It beat his knee he tried to put out. One of the most epic sudden death matches EVA..

This was also an epic sudden death match with my Pit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggaTRcag9NY

That is my ONLY video (+ a bowser one). The other Alien is not me, it's some other guy. Lol.

My Ganondorf is 10x better than my Pit. Or any other character. For some reason, I can only **** with Ganondorf. Everyone else is just annoying to use. Ganondorf is just so muuuuch fun! :bee:

(This is how it's SUPPOSED to be done. You guys and your short KO stories. Learn to express your triumphant moments with zest!) :awesome:

Somebody should make a thread for fail moments, because my Ganondorf does fail too.. In very funny ways.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
My best KO was with the soccer ball. It hit Lucario then bounced off of him and hit Kirby and my Fsmash which I had gotten the Golf Club KOed Ike. 3 KOs just like that.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
My best KO was with the soccer ball. It hit Lucario then bounced off of him and hit Kirby and my Fsmash which I had gotten the Golf Club KOed Ike. 3 KOs just like that.
But, but.. The soccerball got the KO. How dare you steal the fame! Just because it's an inanimate object doesn't mean you can strip it of it's glorious moments for your own!

I lol'd. Great KO!

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I hit the soccer ball! ^_^ The game counted it for me. XD
Fair enough. ^^

(Psst, Clownbaby. Let's go fight NOW. XD)

I had this hilarious kill against a good Pit. The other two players kept attacking him and I just watched. When Pit tried to attack me with a dash attack, I moved a bit forward and reversed an fsmash from Ike. He ran right into it xD. The best part is that the match ended with Ike's "hmph" from his d-taunt.
Omg.. You *****! Lol. That was.. probably me.. I use black or gold pit. (Now green, because green is my new colour, but I was definately either gold or black.) If that Pit wasn't either colour, than it wasn't me. I got deja vu when I read that though. It sounds very familiar. By any chance, was this on FD?

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Omg.. You *****! Lol. That was.. probably me.. I use black or gold pit. (Now green, because green is my new colour, but I was definately either gold or black.) If that Pit wasn't either colour, than it wasn't me. I got deja vu when I read that though. It sounds very familiar. By any chance, was this on FD?
It was on Final Destination xD. I have the replay, want me to send it?

Edir: Actually, I can't. My disk just died out of nowhere.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
It was on Final Destination xD. I have the replay, want me to send it?

Edir: Actually, I can't. My disk just died out of nowhere.
Well isn't that lovely? Yea, I have the knack in running into the stupidest moves. I am a very aggressive player. I'm pretty sure tha Pit was me man. Lol. I learned my playstyle all on my own, so pretty much.. I am ****** many many people without knowing anything about what moves cancel at what, how to escape this move, the MU for this character.. I don't have the knowledge yet, I just have the willpower as a player.. If that makes any sense.

Basically.. I am playing this game blindly with a mix of common sense, knowing only pieces of the game's mechanics, and not knowing how to make the best approach. I just do what I do best. :embarrass: I never learn MU's. (Too lazy) I still don't even know how to escape Pikachu's D-Smash, or Zelda's smashes, etc. That is how much of a noob I am at knowing the indepth part of the game.. (I think it adds to the challenge. Although, I think my Ganondorf could survive ALOT longer if I knew how to escape things.. :3)

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Well isn't that lovely? Yea, I have the knack in running into the stupidest moves. I am a very aggressive player. I'm pretty sure tha Pit was me man. Lol. I learned my playstyle all on my own, so pretty much.. I am ****** many many people without knowing anything about what moves cancel at what, how to escape this move, the MU for this character.. I don't have the knowledge yet, I just have the willpower as a player.. If that makes any sense.

Basically.. I am playing this game blindly with a mix of common sense, knowing only pieces of the game's mechanics, and not knowing how to make the best approach. I just do what I do best. :embarrass: I never learn MU's. (Too lazy) I still don't even know how to escape Pikachu's D-Smash, or Zelda's smashes, etc. That is how much of a noob I am at knowing the indepth part of the game.. (I think it adds to the challenge. Although, I think my Ganondorf could survive ALOT longer if I knew how to escape things.. :3)
That was me awhile ago. I still can somewhat main the random button. I'm just A LOT safer.

Also, I think I've actually semi-bricked my wii. Time to get a job...

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
That was me awhile ago. I still can somewhat main the random button. I'm just A LOT safer.

Also, I think I've actually semi-bricked my wii. Time to get a job...
This may sound strange; but, I am able to play characters at a whole new level with :random:, but if I picked them manually.. It's like.. Normal mode. Lol. I don't know why. My brother found this out actually. Everytime I use :random: I am able to do things 2x better. :awesome:

Does this happen to you too? I think it may have something to do with the element of surprise + adrenaline + having fun, and not being :glare: serious :glare: ;)

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
This may sound strange; but, I am able to play characters at a whole new level with :random:, but if I picked them manually.. It's like.. Normal mode. Lol. I don't know why. My brother found this out actually. Everytime I use :random: I am able to do things 2x better. :awesome:

Does this happen to you too? I think it may have something to do with the element of surprise + adrenaline + having fun, and not being :glare: serious :glare: ;)
This also happens to me :D

It's like you don't have time to think of how you're gonna play, you just figure that you need to play your best. Also you're aren't forcing yourself to do awesome stuff, causing less aggression.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
This also happens to me :D

It's like you don't have time to think of how you're gonna play, you just figure that you need to play your best. Also you're aren't forcing yourself to do awesome stuff, causing less aggression.
That definately makes sense. Well said. :D

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I rarely keep track of KOs unfortunately

I wish I had kept track today. My Oldmanondorf was on a slaughtering spree in Basic Brawl in the last hour or so. People would come and go, but anytime one even remotely thought about teaming with anyone, I wouldn't ever let them. For a while, we had a nice 3P free-for-all. I occasionally switched to other characters to mix things up, but I always seemed to go back to trusty Ganon for the win. Eventually the person who stayed the longest seemed to give up and go with Metaknight / Snake to no avail. I always managed to get a KO in the final seconds to turn the tide of the battle. I even had a double stomp KO offstage in Final Destination as well as a hilarious stage spike on MK as a last resort when I knew I couldn't recover. Meta hit the left lip of the stage and fell to his doom along with me.

Predictably, just before I thought about keeping count of KOs, the Metaknight / Snake disconnected us in the wifi waiting room. He must have been ticked that I killed him at the last second for the victory one too many times. It was fun while it lasted. I doubt I'll get a fun group like that for a while....

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Does combo-ing someone into another person's kill count? Either way, I was in a room with 2 other C. Falcons with me as a 3rd and the 4th player (not Falcon) was fighting against ALL 3 Falcons (and failing horribly) To the point: I used Raptor Boost which sent the other guy into a Falcon Punch. Every Falcon in there taunted for at least 4 seconds after that display of manliness.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
My favorite kill ever was when some fox was approaching me. I wasn't paying attention, so I quickly released the my bat and B Threw the fox. At the same time, my bat hit a soccer ball that was behind me and sent fox flying. Then I started camping to piss him off more, xd.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I would pay you to put that on youtube. In other words, "Show me ya moves!"
Oh believe me, it would already be up if I could. That and about 100+ other amazing/lol parts I've had on Wi-fi brawl. I don't have a capture device thuogh, but I will hopefully get one for my birthday.

EDIT: And don't even get me started on my Stage Spike Falcon Punch I had on Spear Pillar in the last 5 seconds of this one match I had.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
You can always get YoshQ to just upload the kill. If my still read disc I'd get him to upload this awesome kill I had with CF.

There was this Marth trying to recover on Frigate. Due to a lag spike, I couldn't my falcon knee into him. Although, he dolphin slashed right into it. It was just beautiful.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Most of my KO's online are accidental.
Today, something I forgot caused three of us to be pushed off the side of Final Destination.
Trying to get up to recover, I do my jump and accidently jump off of someone else's head
that was trying to come up and then died.

I've done this... quite a lot of times by accident.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Easiest way to get KOs is to watch opponent carefully. If they are below the ledge and they use their double jump, walk off and hit them with the quickest aerial you have. Winning!

I did this alot with ike and olimar. And yes my ike can semi-gimp.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Its pretty easy lol. I just took my aggressiveness from ike and put it into oli and most people don't expect it just like ike. Walk off fairs are automatic wins. And oli's tether is perfect gimping potential. Abuse the ledge only when you have proper stage control.

Top Bottom