• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many DLC Characters do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Depends on who gets cut from the launch roster, and what new comers we get etc. Tough call to make right now, so as of right now... (this will change as more characters get shown) but for right now i'd peg DLC as...

Isaac
Ray MK
Krystal
Black Shadow
Roy
King K. Rool

...or any highly requested character that's not an AT or playable at launch.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Idk if they will even have any. That means expanding room in the character selection screen.. can they do that?

D

Deleted member

Idk if they will even have any. That means expanding room in the character selection screen.. can they do that?
Well Sal did leak that there would be post-launch DLC happening. Also, I'm sure they can find a way to fit it in.

One way they could do this is that you could select the Random spot and then DLC characters you bought show up as well as an option to purchase DLC characters. How the character select screen looks would be a silly reason to not have DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't know how many DLC characters we will get, but I think the final, final ROSTER will be at least 58 characters (including each Mii Fighter individually), and up to 62 characters.

You have:
-All 36 confirmed characters (yes I included G&W)
-The 3 Sal leak newcomers (Shulk, Chrom, The Chorus Men)
-The 14 unconfirmed characters that were in Brawl (maybe evolve Squirtle and Ivysaur into Blastoise and Venusaur respectively)
-Ridley
-K. Rool
-Mewtwo returning
-And at least 2 more characters (I'd prefer Isaac and probably Krystal of the "most likely" choices).

That's a great freaking roster guys.

I'd get off to that.

They want the money, we want the characters, and we'll likely get a (REASONABLY PRICED) EXPANSION PACK, and I think WE WILL LOVE IT!!!

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I don't know how many DLC characters we will get, but I think the final, final ROSTER will be at least 58 characters (including each Mii Fighter individually), and up to 62 characters.

You have:
-The 14 unconfirmed characters that were in Brawl (maybe evolve Squirtle and Ivysaur into Blastoise and Venusaur respectively)
-Ridley
-K. Rool
-Mewtwo returning
-And at least 2 more characters (I'd prefer Isaac and probably Krystal of the "most likely" choices).

I'd get off to that.

They want the money, we want the characters, and we'll likely get a (REASONABLY PRICED) EXPANSION PACK, and I think WE WILL LOVE IT!!!
I would be very okay with this.

Also there's at least 4 DLC characters happening. Bets on it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would be very okay with this.

Also there's at least 4 DLC characters happening. Bets on it.
Pretty much agreed, although if 58 characters or bigger.

If that happens, I can see us getting as few a 2 or 3 DLC characters.

Also, we could get DLC characters on Smash 3DS for when Smash WiiU launches that were delayed due to 3DS technical difficulties. I can see a situation where characters for one game get released earlier. Stuff like that is bound to happen (to where they are further ahead in one game than they are in the other).

D

Deleted member

You have:
-Ridley
-K. Rool
-Mewtwo returning

I'd get off to that.

I would never ask for anything character-related again if this was the roster. Also, I am all for an expansion pack happening, would be great to fix whatever issues this game has.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would never ask for anything character-related again if this was the roster. Also, I am all for an expansion pack happening, would be great to fix whatever issues this game has.
1. It would be an epic roster.

2. Don't stop at an "amazing" roster when you can get a "super amazing" roster.

3. ASK FOR MORE ANYWAYS!!! NOTHING WRONG WITH ALWAYS WANTING MORE!!!

4. Most gameplay issues will be fixed before expansion packs, but I imagine if we get a expansion pack that there will be slight differences in the build of the balance.

5. Hopefully if we get an expansion pack(s), it takes the Ultra Street Fighter IV route and let you play as past release version of characters vs. versions of characters in the same release.

6. Expanding upon that, a differently balanced version of past build of characters would also be a nice option as well.

7. Yes, you can tell I'm greedy with wanting stuff! :p :grin: :shades:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not too sure myself. If I did guess though, I'd say 0 - 5. To be honest, I would need to see the rest of the initial cast first. Because I would imagine that the DLC could take fan request into regard.

Roy seems like a reasonable choice. Maybe other popular choices like Ridley and Mewtwo, if they aren't in the initial roster either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom