• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters will be revealed this month?

How many characters will be revealed this month

Votes: 2 1.8%

Votes: 15 13.5%

Votes: 40 36.0%

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • 4+

Votes: 24 21.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
At least two, up to four newcomers.

As many vets as Sakurai wants, especially if there's a Direct.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All in all, all this will be determined by one question:

"Will we have a Smash Direct this month or not?"

If yes, 4 character or more are getting confirmed.

If not, we are getting at most 3 characters.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
All in all, all this will be determined by one question:

"Will we have a Smash Direct this month or not?"

If yes, 4 character or more are getting confirmed.

If not, we are getting at most 3 characters.
I think you nailed it. The last Smash direct revealed 5 characters, so I would expect around that same number again. Otherwise since we are at the "bottom of the barrel", I say there is possibly two newcomer videos left. I figure about 3 (1 newcomer 2 veterans or 2 newcomers 1 veteran) in each like the Fire Emblem one.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think 2. ! newcomer and 1 veteran.
I think that the newcomer will be Karate Joe, or whoever will represent Rhythm Heaven.
The veteran, depends on who will be the newcomer. If Karate Joe is the newcomer, th veteran could be... Ness? Wario? Jiggly? G&W (I don't think it will be him because he has already been semi-announced with Pac-Man's trailer)? Ganondorf?
Ganondorf would be a bit unfitting, but I can see them making a funny trailer of Ganondorf launching energy spheres at Karate Joe and him reflecting them with punches following the rhythm, inspired by OoT's final battle.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Well since Metaknight got revealed that is one done and a whole bunch to go. Really hoping we get that Smash direct.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm guessing the only character reveal of August was revealed today...
I just can't see them only revealing one character a month before the game comes out, and I know there is at least one more newcomer video. I just can't see them waiting until September to show it.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I just can't see them only revealing one character a month before the game comes out, and I know there is at least one more newcomer video. I just can't see them waiting until September to show it.
Agreed. One seems odd for the month. Especially with an expected Direct this month. The game comes out in Japan in a month. A bunch of Brawl veterans haven't been revealed yet including Wario, Ice Climbers, and Lucas, all of which were default in Brawl.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Since this reveal and all those info makes me feel that they are taunting us for newcomers, I think now that a direct this month is very likely.

But I voted 2 for 2 newcomer tease where I should have voted 3 because I didn't consider vets. I guess Wario would have to have his day soon, but anyway.

I really don't know what would happen this month. I just know that it has to be something mind blowing with how Sakurai is progressively taunting and teasing more as time passes (like the Paper Mario tease was 15 days ago that's quite recent honestly).

So, I don't know any more.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would say a solid four.

But more than four to me would be crazy, and you lump four and more than four as the same thing :X

Yet if we get this tomorrow, and I really hope that we do for Mega hype, I may have an opinion... nope, not change, agreement.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I would say a solid four.

But more than four to me would be crazy, and you lump four and more than four as the same thing :X

Yet if we get this tomorrow, and I really hope that we do for Mega hype, I may have an opinion... nope, not change, agreement.

Well I had to draw the line somewhere, so I figured if there would be 4 then we would probably be watching a Smash Direct so there would be more:chuckle:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Well I'm looking pretty stupid right now as there is only 1 character revealed so far. I still think we got a very good chance of at least a general direct next week, but my initial guess was way too optimistic obviously.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm looking pretty stupid right now as there is only 1 character revealed so far. I still think we got a very good chance of at least a general direct next week, but my initial guess was way too optimistic obviously.
Yeah, I guess 8 characters was a bit too optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom