• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Long Is Subspace Emissary?

Smash Investigator

Smash Rookie
I know for now that Subspace Emissary is going to be quite long but what could happen is that we could be seeing at least 15-30 hours of Subspace Emissary but, what do you think?

Sensai

Smash Master
I think it'll be lower then that by quite a bit. If it's the mode that people are going to be continually playing to get characters (a la Adventure or Classic in Melee) then it's going to be a lot shorter. An hour tops.

My reasoning for this is because no one wants to play through a 10 hour session for one or two characters per runthrough.

Given, they could make it so you unlock characters as you go...

Or, even more likely, it's just a story mode that becomes more robust as you unlock characters; the characters are unlocked elsewhere.

(hint: I dunno.)

[Edit:]

Welcome to the boards!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think it will be a long story... cause Sakurai always wanted to make a story mode for Smash, and this will be his last chance for a while... I think he will put as much effort into it as he can..

not to mention the huge amount of development time brawl had.

Blazer

Smash Ace
It'll be long almost undoubtedly, and I'd guess that you could unlock every character in one playthrough personally. They wouldn't make it an hour long thing that you have to do 15 times to get every character. That would be intolerable. And if it's longer there's more time to unlock characters, thus a long drawn out SSE would be perfect.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
It should last somewhere around 10-15 hours...This isn't going to be the Adventure/Classic mode we've had in Melee (in where you complete it in one sitting), but rather a mode that you play one bit at a time, unlocking things as you go...Sakurai himself said that SSE was going to be "robust" and "fleshed out," meaning it'll take as long to run through once as the average $50 dollar video game...

Which furthers my case of SSBB being one of the greatest accomplishments in human history...^_^

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well I can't say for sure if its going to be short or long. Long would be both good and bad, meaning it should have a lot of characters unlocked and be entertaining. But short would be better for collecting coins as that would be a good way to get them all.

I want it to be short-medium. Keep it interesting but not like a HUGE story.

-Onyx

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
10 hours combined for all characters is tolerable..
10 hours per character is funkin ridunculous (as in it's gheyer than my as.shole)..
Either way, Im just gonna copy someone's memory :_)..

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I think it'll be lower then that by quite a bit. If it's the mode that people are going to be continually playing to get characters (a la Adventure or Classic in Melee) then it's going to be a lot shorter. An hour tops.

My reasoning for this is because no one wants to play through a 10 hour session for one or two characters per runthrough.

Given, they could make it so you unlock characters as you go...

Or, even more likely, it's just a story mode that becomes more robust as you unlock characters; the characters are unlocked elsewhere.

(hint: I dunno.)
I would sure as hell like to.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
whoever said they don't want to go through it multiple times for one or two characters, you sir, are ********.

Sakurai himself has stated THE MAJORITY OF CHARACTERS WILL BE UNLOCKED THROUGH SUBSPACE EMISSARY.
Someone pointed out there is some open-ness to the SSE, as at some point in the game, you can visit different "worlds" on your own choice. The "worlds" are probably the different game franchises like Mario and LoZ and such.

Either way, most characters are unlocked via SSE, and it looks to be hella fun anyway, considering there are some slight differences that you can choose which gives it some replay value.

PKLucas13

Smash Rookie
i'm pretty sure it will be 10-20 hours, don't worry though i'm pretty sure there wont be a character selection screen, different characters just join and leave at different times. Its not like your going to have to fight rayqaza with every character, only diddy or fox.

Sensai

Smash Master
whoever said they don't want to go through it multiple times for one or two characters, you sir, are ********.
Thanks.

You're telling me that you would, assuming there are 40 characters in the game, with 15 starters, that you would like to play 250 HOURS to unlock the rest of the characters? You'd rather do that then say...what Melee had and then get right onto the multiplayer? Really?

I may be '********,' but I seriously doubt anyone has that amount of free time.

Top Bottom