• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How jiggs in Brawl? and why so much hate for her/him?

NNID
MasterHavik
This is a two questions,where I ask jigg's palyers how the character jigglypuff in Brawl,and why is there so much hate agaisnt her fro mso call,"pros." So,all I want to hear is wha tare you're thoguhts about Jiggs,and what is people probelm with her? Thank you for your time.

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
There was always hate for that supposedly "annoying puffball". Jiggz just is too much for the opponent to
see (they don't like seeing an entity so grotesquely evil on their) TV screen.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
Probably the fact that one of the cutest things in existence also has had the strongest move in the game.

That and blame Mango.

Hatred towards her from non-pros is usually caused by lack of skill; "I can't play as it, therefor, it fails, qed", and for some reason human beings scrubs tend to hate weak characters, no idea why, ask them.

Nato.

Smash Cadet
Noobs don't like Jiggly because Jiggly isn't a cool :
Pretty boy with a sword/bow (Link, TLink, Ike, Marth, Pit)
Manly man (CapFalcon, Ganondorf, Snake)
Kid(s) with special powers (Lucas, Ness, IceClimbers, Olimar, Pit, TLink, PokeTrainer)
Human girl (ZAMUS, Zelda, Peach)
Franchise Main (Mario, Samus, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Sonic, Snake)
Animal Humanoïd (DK, Diddy, Space furries)
"Evil" (Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, Wolf, MetaKn)
Weirdo (G&W, Luigi, ROB, Wario, Olimar, Dedede)
Mysterious (Shiek, MetaKn, Snake, Lucario)
-Remaining : Yoshi & Jigglypuff (Cute & Lovely ISN'T Cool)

The Melee -> Brawl change hasn't be beneficial for the Competitive Jiggly. Melee Jiggs rely on combos and with reduced hitstun there is no combos. Jiggly's best move is nerfed (Low knockback & Outstage Rest is "now" dangerous because it will be a Star KO). Some Melee characters rely on "combo to powerful move" but without combo (and/or powerful moves) it's hard for them. *cough*Captain Falcon*cough*

Good points :
Run faster (WTF, Jiggly can run ?)
Jump higher (It's harder to combo a good WoP & you can always comeback anyway...)
Still awesome Recovery (but everyone has it too...)

Jiggs still ***** low levels but she isn't good against pros using defensives moves...

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
Yea.... but they relied on those things because it was how the character was played in melee. This is brawl and Jiggs and CFalcon are meant to be played a bit differently, they're only bad because not too many people are spending the time to learn the new playstyle.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Kid(s) with special powers (Lucas, Ness, IceClimbers, Olimar, Pit, TLink, PokeTrainer)

The Melee -> Brawl change hasn't be beneficial for the Competitive Jiggly. Melee Jiggs rely on combos and with reduced hitstun there is no combos. Jiggly's best move is nerfed (Low knockback & Outstage Rest is "now" dangerous because it will be a Star KO). Some Melee characters rely on "combo to powerful move" but without combo (and/or powerful moves) it's hard for them. *cough*Captain Falcon*cough*

Good points :
Jump higher (It's harder to combo a good WoP & you can always comeback anyway...)

Jiggs still ***** low levels but she isn't good against pros using defensives moves...
Agreed, 'cept she isn't faster, she has terrible ground speed.

thx

Smash Ace
everyone from the old game hates basically one thing that rest is nerfed for no **** reason idk why they nerfed it but thats why i hated jiggz when i played her but i love her now and got used to everything lol

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yea jiggs deinfinitely wasnt meant for fighting on the ground when i want to get places faster with her i either shield roll or hop there, cause her horizontal aerial movement is insane

my friends hate jiggs cause they consider rest a "cheap" ko, or they end up getting frustrated with repeated aerials off the edge until they hit the blast zone, sucks for them, fun for me

shinsengumi101

Smash Rookie
I have nothing against Jigglypuff.
I didn't spend the time to learn her 100%,
but I can't help but laugh at jiggly's little roll ability. And what makes me laugh more is when I laugh at the roll and she flies right off the stage and dies.

TheStig

Smash Lord
I have nothing against Jigglypuff.
I didn't spend the time to learn her 100%,
but I can't help but laugh at jiggly's little roll ability. And what makes me laugh more is when I laugh at the roll and she flies right off the stage and dies.
do you even play as jigglypuff? j-money can recover from rolling off the stage now.

shinsengumi101

Smash Rookie
do you even play as jigglypuff? j-money can recover from rolling off the stage now.
Every once in a while, but mainly the laughs XP
or if i want to see a FFA jiggly battle
However I did kick some serious @$$ with her in the N64 Smash Bros.

Aggression

Smash Apprentice

Good points :

jiggs isnt good vs about 20 characters on the roster, but the rest she ***** because shes a god vs anyone with a semi-bad or bad recovery

Top Bottom