• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is Wolf good against Falco?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
As good as this all sounds... you're proposing using moves like nair and fsmash... those are screaming to be shield grabbed...leading to a cg.
I don't propose to spam F-smash, that will get you shield-grabbed. I propose it be used for what it does best: a fast reaction distance closer. Say you catch Falco doing something stupid, such as miss with a laggy move, and you are too far away to close the distance running/jumping, yet close enough that F-smash will connect. If given such a window of opportunity, Wolf's best bet is the F-smash. all through my post I place emphasis (in so many words) on exploiting your opponent's missteps to your advantage, by being unpredictable, you keep your opponent guessing. If they're guessing, they will mess up, its just a matter of time.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
So, assuming you make it to a ledge, is Falco's dair guaranteed after his CG?
Yep, it's pretty lame =/
You can only DI it at about 50+ -_-;

I don't propose to spam F-smash, that will get you shield-grabbed. I propose it be used for what it does best: a fast reaction distance closer. Say you catch Falco doing something stupid, such as miss with a laggy move, and you are too far away to close the distance running/jumping, yet close enough that F-smash will connect. If given such a window of opportunity, Wolf's best bet is the F-smash. all through my post I place emphasis (in so many words) on exploiting your opponent's missteps to your advantage, by being unpredictable, you keep your opponent guessing. If they're guessing, they will mess up, its just a matter of time.
Yes, the f-smash would seem like a good option to punish laggy attacks...
The problem with this though is that a decent falco (or any player) doesn't fall for the wolf f-smash often enough.

You also mentioned that you've never even really fought a good falco with wolf before. =/
How are you so sure of your tactics?
And about the nair going directly into any attack. It's only a decent follow up if the other player actually gets hit by it. It can be shield grabbed or over prioritized easily, though.

Sorry if my argument sounds a little shaky. I'm tired. x_X I hope it still gets the point across.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Falco has the advantage in this one, I was a wolf user before falco. Some falco users may really rely on that chain grab but if they are a decent falco player(see Sethlon or Bombsoldier) then they should be able to keep up the damage production all the same. Falco has the chain grab he is quicker, his Dthrow->dash cancle upsmash really gets wolf good.

My brother plays as wolf, and we go at it quite often. Id say I win just a tad bit more than he does and i dont use the chaingrab on him cuz he just complains. *shrug* thats just what i think...both characters are supreme...and i would argue both are better than fox

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I think wolf is better. My friend plays a really good falco but I can beat him most of the time. Chaingrab is good for falco but its really easy to get out of once you get up to about 50%.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I think wolf is better. My friend plays a really good falco but I can beat him most of the time. Chaingrab is good for falco but its really easy to get out of once you get up to about 50%.
Yeah, because that's when it stops working. -_-; If he knows, he'd dash attack cancel upsmash you and it's pretty much a 70% headstart on every stock if he gets it. OR, if you're by the edge, spike you, and it goes without saying Wolf's recovery isn't the best in the game.

GreyWolfii

Smash Cadet
master wolfs Nair....
....it destroys falcos/foxs(..?) Fspecial

THIS -i believe- is our biggest adv. to team StarFox......
.........since we decide when playtimes over(god i love his quotes!!)

Top Bottom