• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is this for a brawl boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yes, that is indeed a stereotypical white-long-hair bad guy with sword and cloak.

I don't think there was any mention of a story, only a different overall atmosphere.

And whatever that atmosphere is, stereotypical white-long-hair bad guy with sword and cloak probably does not belong into it.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Well, it would be pretty cool for a really bad *** character to be fought in Adventure and Classic mode, and at first, you think, can't i play as him? But if you beat adventure and classic with all character (or all starter characters) you can fight him and unlock him.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I'd rather fight a giant hand and his brother thank you very much...

where did u find this pic anyways? lol...

I actually think it would be cool if everyone had different bosses, (Fox -> Andross, Mario -> Bowser, Link -> Ganon)

Master_Shadow_Link

Smash Cadet
Yes, that is indeed a stereotypical white-long-hair bad guy with sword and cloak.

I don't think there was any mention of a story, only a different overall atmosphere.

And whatever that atmosphere is, stereotypical white-long-hair bad guy with sword and cloak probably does not belong into it.
The lead director for SSBB said and i quote "Before I wanted to concentrate on mainly the multi-player but this time around we have time in which we didnt have before" he then goes on the talk about how the single player will be more different then just the average fight by fight! That sounds Story to me, even though adventure wasint really fight by fight im betting that he makes a story! Also mI know that Master hand wasint too bad but come on! i just stoped enjoying fighting two giant hands after like the 30th time XD! And acctully i have used the debug menu to check master hand and crazy hand out... they were not that good!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sounds more like "single-player mode that doesn't suck" to me.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, by the way.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord

When you put it like that, this thread sounds like a Sephiroth thread in disguise.

It's a nice pic, but I don't think he'd be what they are looking for in a supreme smash villain. Chances are they'll stick with the hands.

Master_Shadow_Link

Smash Cadet
"Sounds more like "single-player mode that doesn't suck" to me.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, by the way."

Nah i posted this for one reason only, im hopeing for a different boss then just the hands! Giga bowser was cool for Melee but now i just want like a bunch of different bosses all put down with a story background!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Although it would look "cool" it doesn't fit with Smash, unless it replaces Giga Bowser.

But i guess the End game boss, like always will be Master Hand and the "Super Boss"(like Giga Bowser) would be some kind of Master Hand Alterego. Or... "Master man" ? Yes.

Master_Shadow_Link

Smash Cadet
Although it would look "cool" it doesn't fit with Smash, unless it replaces Giga Bowser.

But i guess the End game boss, like always will be Master Hand and the "Super Boss"(like Giga Bowser) would be some kind of Master Hand Alterego. Or... "Master man" ? Yes.
You may have something there... what if they shrink the hands and put them on a new boss character named Master-Man or something like that, Truely the sephiroth looking character was only a idea! I know it isnt very smash bros-ish!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ew.. Nintendo is known for unqieu characters. A brawl boss has to be using with creativity and flavor. This is the typical long haired boy with a sword. Save that for Final Fantasy or manga. Not in Smash.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Maybe if there's some dark story like "hey fight me Nintendo guys or I'll consume your worlds!'
But I don't really care about Brawls story even if it has one...

acid_tripp

Smash Rookie
You may have something there... what if they shrink the hands and put them on a new boss character named Master-Man or something like that, Truely the sephiroth looking character was only a idea! I know it isnt very smash bros-ish!
what if thoses dis-embodied hands are actually....RAYMAN'S!!! and he becomes a character in brawl. the third-party stipulations are met in his case

Blackadder

Smash Master
bah, BRING BACK MASTER HAND AND CRAZY HAND I say.
There most likely going to be the bosses again.
Its smash tradition.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Master and Crazy Hand... accompanied by Master and Crazy Elbow Pads!

Actually, it'd be fun if they were joined by a face. Something modelled after Miyamoto's, maybe. :p

NukeA6

Smash Master
As many of you already know, SSBB is going to have a story to it this time around! So i was thinking up of some cool bosses when i found this picture...

Or something else like that...
Who is that guy supposed to be?

And since when was Brawl gonna have a story? Maybe Sakurai said it but I do not know. A lot of people claim Sakurai says things but I never heard about them (of course, I don't check Samurai Panda's translations other than the poll).

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
There's supposedly meant to be a much more refined single player mode this time around, but I'm not sure that Sakurai meant a story mode. He probably just meant that adventure mode would be touched up on, or something along those lines.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
After checking his properties, it appears his name is 'Shadow Warrior 4'.

So I'm guessing just some random guy.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
There is no story mode of the game to speak of.

Sakurai's exact words were that he wanted to "expand the single-player experience," or something to that effect. He never said anything about a story.

And that guy in the first post would really, really dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom