• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is Sheik's performance in the elements of Brawl?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Okay first off, please read this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199108

Second of all, the reason I am posting this here is because I don't have set-out summaries of Sheik's performance in the elements of Brawl. So, I was wondering if you guys could do it, considering how you guys are the authorities on your own character.

Use this thread to discuss it, and then please post your results in the "Element of Brawl" thread linked above, using this format:

ZONING
  • On the ground
  • In the air
  • Off-stage

SPACING
  • Extreme long distance
  • Long distance
  • Medium distance
  • Short distance

KILLING
  • Killing power
  • Gimping potential

Thanks a bunch.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
._.'

I'm glad I'm too bias in my opinions about Sheik and Zelda to give a accurate saying about their "performance" as this looks like it's going to be a lot of work!

Good luck finishing it DRaGZ.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Zoning
On the ground - While Sheik isn't the type to stay still on the ground, this is where she can punish with her amazing forward tilt. This is less of a question of zoning and more a question of baiting into her range, though. Average

In the air - Sheik has a low shorthop, fast aerials, and very good range on her bair. Her aerial mobility doesn't let her cover as much area as more dedicated WoP-type zoners, though, making this a quick defensive maneuver rather than something to force or limit approaches. Above average

Off-stage - Sheik's fair is a gimp hit. Other than that, her naturally low knockback power doesn't allow for a guaranteed KO even with edgeguarding, but she has a plethora of options to edgeguard with - aerial needles, bair, fair, Vanish Glide, and nair. Above average

Spacing
Extreme long distance - Sheik's needles travel fast and deal up to 18% damage. Her exceptional ground movement speed also allows her to close distance whenever she wants. The ability to crawl also gives her the ability to move past many projectile camping games. However, Sheik will want to close the distance whenever possible. Comfortable

Long Distance - At this range Sheik is kind of in limbo. There's nothing she can't handle in a pinch, and boost usmash and dash attack can easily change the range, but typically it's best to change from this spacing as soon as possible. Bearable

Medium Distance - This is where Sheik makes the majority of her approaches. Shorthopped aerials, dash attacks, running grabs, practically anything works here. Comfortable

Short Distance - ftilt lock? Comfortable

Killing Power - Sheik's usmash tipper is one of the better vertical killing attacks in the game. That said, it's rather hard to land alone, typically requiring a setup of some kind. Vanish is also a decent killer, but obviously difficult to land at any point, setup or not. Other than that, Sheik will not KO below 150%. Transform can instantly turn this upside down, if you're into that sort of thing. Below Average

Gimping Potential - Sheik is still great at edgeguarding, and her fair still has a very low trajectory. Her chain tether allows her to edgehog at practically any moment she wants. The only thing missing is aerial mobility to cover a wider area off-stage. Above Average

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Meh I'd say off-stage is average, as it takes into account recovery as well...

Other than that I agree with ^^
You are mistaken, sheik off stage game is fantastic but since I'm too bias to really say much I think above average is acceptable to say since it's true.

Top Bottom