• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How is Pit's performance in the elements of Brawl?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Okay first off, please read this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199108

Second of all, the reason I am posting this here is because I don't have set-out summaries of Pit's performance in the elements of Brawl. So, I was wondering if you guys could do it, considering how you guys are the authorities on your own character.

Use this thread to discuss it, and then please post your results in the "Element of Brawl" thread linked above, using this format:

ZONING
  • On the ground
  • In the air
  • Off-stage

SPACING
  • Extreme long distance
  • Long distance
  • Medium distance
  • Short distance

KILLING
  • Killing power
  • Gimping potential

Thanks a bunch.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I guess ill take a crack at this. In my opinion.

Zoning
On the ground: Average (Mid range with somewhat weak damage, with somewhat fast speed. Lots of his attacks lead into aerial combat. Decent running speed)
In the air: Above Average (While better then most of the heavy characters in the air, his attacks lack the speed of recovery time needed to be as good as lets say luigi or metaknight. Somewhat floaty with multiple jumps and gliding.)
Offstage: Above Average (Multiple jumps and a good recovery, but can be easily gimp if he ever runs out of jumps and is forced to use WoI.)

Spacing
Extreme Long: Amazing (Light arrow, projectile with the longest range and best control. 2 Reflectors)
Long: Amazing (Light arrow & Reflectors)
Medium: Above Average (Mix in arrows with meele attacks, works best in mid range)
Short: Average (Attacks come out pretty fast at time, but lack priority and range of some of the cast. They also have quite a bit of ending lag.

Killing
Killing power: Below Average (Relatively weak attacks, bair at about 90%, tiny sweet spot. Fsmash and dsmash, much later and freshness seems to matter alot. Dash Att, ftilt, and glide att, even weaker then his smashes, but decent killing power for pit.)
Gimp potential: Amazing (Arrows, mirror shield, WoI Push, Wing Refresh, ect. Pit is a super gimper)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
All I'm going to say that Pit has one of the best Gimp potentials in the game.
-Fast spammable controllable arrows to eat up jumps
-Possible F-air and B-air chain (On certain chars, mostly the slower heavier ones are more vulnerable)
-WoI Wingpush, can also be used at close range to destroy Ness' PKT
-Mirror Shield against many Up-B recoveries, common victims include Ike, Link, DK, and hey, it works on Metaknight too! Time it right and it can stop his Up-B, Drill Rush, and his Tornado recovery options (Reverses glide attacks too)
-Rare occasions, D-tilt spike. Time it correctly in the right situation. Certain chars can be spiked while hanging on the ledge. Wolf, Ness, and Bowser are just 3 examples. Pit himself can't be spiked while hanging on the ledge.

Coffee™

I need it....
Killing power: Below Average (Relatively weak attacks, bair at about 90%, tiny sweet spot. Fsmash and dsmash, much later and freshness seems to matter alot. Dash Att, ftilt, and glide att, even weaker then his smashes, but decent killing power for pit.)
I disagree that Pit is Below Average in the killing department. He has quite a few killing options and the only requirement is that they be fresh before trying to kill. I don't believe its possible for a player to have F-Tilt, Fsmash, Dsmash, Bair and Glide Attack all stale when he's ready for the kill. Average is the minimum I would go.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I disagree that Pit is Below Average in the killing department. He has quite a few killing options and the only requirement is that they be fresh before trying to kill. I don't believe its possible for a player to have F-Tilt, Fsmash, Dsmash, Bair and Glide Attack all stale when he's ready for the kill. Average is the minimum I would go.
... Any move of a character that is fresh and has medium knock back can be considered a killing option...

I would just leave it at average maximum, below average minimum.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
They had Meta Knight as Amazing in the Killing Power, and most of his moves have even less knockback than Pit's.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I didnt even look at the main page at who had what. But by no means in my opinion does meta have amazing killing power. He is mostly just gimping skills, with off stage kills. I was just assuming it meant knock back potential during a battle, when moves aren't fresh.

I would consider like DK, D3, and ike to have amazing killing power which can have like 50% ish kills. Around 70-80% ish kills for above average. Average maybe 90-100%. Below Being like 110-130%. And Terrible or w/e anything below 130% Im not sure if there is anyone like that though.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I didnt even look at the main page at who had what. But by no means in my opinion does meta have amazing killing power. He is mostly just gimping skills, with off stage kills. I was just assuming it meant knock back potential during a battle, when moves aren't fresh.

I would consider like DK, D3, and ike to have amazing killing power which can have like 50% ish kills. Around 70-80% ish kills for above average. Average maybe 90-100%. Below Being like 110-130%. And Terrible or w/e anything below 130% Im not sure if there is anyone like that though.
It was in the first post I believe, stated by the OP of this thread. I would agree with your opinion though. I'd say Meta Knight, based solely on knockback of attacks, is Below Average. Pit would be Average in my eyes. But looking back, here's his definition of the term:

Killing power, specifically how effective a character is at killing an opponent at kill percentage
Seeing as how Meta Knight needs to reach well above 100% to efficiently land a finishing blow on stage, does he still warrant an Amazing? Or would the ease of hitting your opponents factor in as well and the ability to combo with little effort? If so, I can see why Meta Knight would be placed in that category. He can rack up damage very fast and end with a D-smash or Up-B. Using this as a guide, I would move Pit up as well. His aerials, while not as fast as Meta Knight's, are good for racking up damage and juggling opponents around. He can also land a quick F-smash or D-smash to kill at moderate percents and B-air at less than 100% to kill.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well i didnt go to the page so obviously its flawed already. lol. So meh w.e lol.

Top Bottom