• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how is my bowsey?

B!squick

Smash Master
Pretty good Bowser. I can't really complain about anything. Several missed opportunities for Jab Cancels though. That's something else I need to mention my tech thread still. :/

Flayl

Smash Hero
You got some good grabs in there, also did a pretty good job against his arrows considering it's wifi. The only real criticisms I have are: Jab into OverB instead of grab; and the only ground release move that works on pit on wifi is FTilt.

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moozle

Smash Champion
I fought a very similar bowser last night on wifi.
I was impressed with the kill at 2:01, i never would have though to use a B-air. Creative stuff like that is what makes a good smasher a lot of the time

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
This was pretty good. Try not to Up+B randomly only do it if you're sure it will hit them. For example, don't finish your aerial combo with an up b since you will get punished by good players. Also, this pit didn't camp, cg, or air dodge(2nd stock you got 2 uairs in before he landed wtf? is this what goes down on wifi >_>) so I think it's safe to say you're a lot better than this pit. Play against someone closer to your skill level! Nice use of klaw hopping and ac fairs ^^

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
This was pretty good. Try not to Up+B randomly only do it if you're sure it will hit them. For example, don't finish your aerial combo with an up b since you will get punished by good players. Also, this pit didn't camp, cg, or air dodge(2nd stock you got 2 uairs in before he landed wtf? is this what goes down on wifi >_>) so I think it's safe to say you're a lot better than this pit. Play against someone closer to your skill level! Nice use of klaw hopping and ac fairs ^^
well he didnt see the uairs comin because i was usin infinite jump to do them so i did two uair infinite jumps.most people dont usually see bowsers hoppin there uair's.fair and bair infinite hoppin maybe but not uair.no real use for the nair.

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
On the second stock you fsmashed to uair then you managed to get a kill with the klaw -> uair but the third stock was just flame breath to uair. So, I did not see this "two uair infinite jumps". I would argue that most people will see "bowsers hoppin there uair's" if they are above you and at kill percent. Just saying that it is unlikely that you will land that many uairs against people who know the matchup. We have other kill options like utilt at 110ish, dtilt, and bair that are more reliable than uair.But hey, if it works against the people you play against then there is no reason not to do it. Keep up the good work!

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
On the second stock you fsmashed to uair then you managed to get a kill with the klaw -> uair but the third stock was just flame breath to uair. So, I did not see this "two uair infinite jumps". I would argue that most people will see "bowsers hoppin there uair's" if they are above you and at kill percent. Just saying that it is unlikely that you will land that many uairs against people who know the matchup. We have other kill options like utilt at 110ish, dtilt, and bair that are more reliable than uair.But hey, if it works against the people you play against then there is no reason not to do it. Keep up the good work!
You're awesome. Keep posting things that make me lol.

Also, decent Bowser. Better than what I've seen around my state. =/

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
For sure Liquid Gen. I do my best =)

There aren't too many bowsers in any state but I hope that our community video and tourney results will change that.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Vary where you go after you fair. Every single time you fair'd you moved forward so it would be so easy to punish if you shield it. Retreating fairs = good.

Chain grab.

Get better taunts (ie."I SOILED MYSELF!!!!" =/= good taunt)

No up b's randomly in the air when you dont have anywhere to go so that you're not punished.

Find someone better than you too, and you'll probably see yourself playing better as well. Like im not saying dont play against this guy, but also have people that are better than you playing against you.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
sadly im like one of the only bowsers in md/va area.i go to tournies and usually its just me who uses bowser but most of the time i go wolf dependin on the matchup.i like to go bowser against diddy tho cause he can hop over bananas with little effort.also diddy's lack of killing moves makes bowser live forever.unless u run into a fsmash which isnt very fast.

B!squick

Smash Master
Klaw Hopping over bananas doesn't work. Diddy can just shoot you down with his peanut pistole` and you land on them anyway. When I play Diddy, I pick up the first banana I find and hang on to it for as long as possible, so it's one less I have to worry about. Makes the match alot easier.

Top Bottom