• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How important is the uAir edgeguard?

FFFF

Smash Rookie
I'm mostly a Ganondorf player but lately I've been playing around with Falcon. For Ganon, the reverse uAir edgeguard is something I use constantly and I consider it pretty important (mostly because of his ****ty uTilt). I know I'll get the hang of it in time, but I'm wondering if it's as important with Falcon or am I overlooking better edgeguards?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
falcon's hitbox with uair is much smaller than ganons, and it doesn't extend as far behind him or below him.

if you want to edge guard with uair, it's better when used after a ledgehop, because it forces them to go above the stage. you can also moonwalk uair which has surprisingly long range. uair is a good edgeguard if you can't really guess where they're going sometimes, because of its range. utilt also covers the ledge pretty well because of knockback and decent priority (as long as it hits firefox, i'm fine even if i get hit also.)

however, much better edge guards are bair... or jumping all the way out and kneeing, or knee tap to knee/uair. just become deadly accurate and edgeguarding isn't really a problem. you'll find yourself outright killing people instead of needing to edgeguard them.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
running off platforms or the ledge into uair edgeguard is decent, a la tink reign of falcon shiz lmao just don't suicide.

reverse uairs are good, they have good knockback if you hit them with falcon's upper leg, and they send at a good angle at the tip. but yeah, bair and knee's will also work. it's all about the character you're playing against and the situation.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
U-air isnt really the best thing to use as a edgeguard
but it works
go all the way off stage and go under them knocks them back pretty far

but a much better edge guard is bair
Moonwalk bair
or edge hog into wall jump into knee = ****
hard to pull off though

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
Not very useful, at all. At least not reversed. If you miss a knee off the edge, an uair can finish the deal.

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
i find that most of the time you can even pull off a reverse uair, u can also just use the bair. The bair is more effective imo, but if they are trying to go above you u could also just knee/uair. but if they are coming from below or horizontal bair or others, there are almost always better options.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea not important as all, your almost looking for a kill still with CF when their off the edge.. just throw the knee into them and you'll be all set :)

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
Yea not important as all, your almost looking for a kill still with CF when their off the edge.. just throw the knee into them and you'll be all set :)
It IS important. If you miss the knee, or don't "sweetspot" it, the uair can finish them off.

Top Bottom