• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 How hyped are you?

What are your hype levels on a scale out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
On a scale from 1 to 10. How hyped are you for Smash Bros 4 at E3 2014? New characters, new stages, game modes, detailed look at mechanics, Wii U and 3DS connectivity. There is so much that can be shown off. What do you want to see the most? My body is Reggie.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Really hyped. Considering smash is basically the thing I am looking forward to the most at e3, that's saying something. Just a little longer left. I wished nintendos direct was on the 9th though.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

12/10 SUPER HYPED I CANNOT CONTAIN IT OH GOD WHAT CAN HAPPEN I DON'T KNOW THAT'S WHY I'M EXCITED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS JESUS CHRIST THE HYPE IS UNSTOPPABLE

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
What do you want to see revealed for Smash the most. A character, some game mode, stage?

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
What do you want to see revealed for Smash the most. A character, some game mode, stage?
All of it. mostly new characters, mechanics and game modes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I voted a 7. I'm excited, but I rarely get super-hyped.... but I'll probably bump it up to a 10 post-E3.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I simply can't wait! I've been looking forward to this event for months!

T

Trick or Treat

I'm really excited, but not to the point where it's really affecting my life. Days don't go by any slower than normal, things are exactly the same. I've got plenty to keep me busy, stuff that I care about more than E3.

Still, on that note, I'm pretty ****ing excited.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm pretty excited for the most part. Looking forward to what Nintendo brings to the table, especially the X and SSB4 trailers. I'm almost afraid to find out what character's are going to be deconfirmed though.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I've been literally waiting for this E3 since last year's E3 and haven't missed a single screenshot since they started posting them. Hype levels will only continue to increase. I even requested to have no work scheduled during it. My body is ready.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I voted an 8. For some weird reason, Nintendo tends to have really, really good E3's every four years and things are lining up to make this E3 particularly memorable.

E3 1998- Highlights: First major showcasing of Gameboy Color, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red and Blue, F-Zero X, Perfect Dark, Conker's 12 Tails, and Paper Mario.

E3 2002- Highlights: Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Resident Evil REmake, Viewtiful Joe, Animal Crossing, Metroid Fusion, and Eternal Darkness.

E3 2006: Highlights: First major showcasing of Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Phantom Hourglass, and Elite Beat Agents.

E3 2010: Highlights: First major showcasing of 3DS, Kid Icarus Uprising, Donkey Country Returns, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid: Other M (oh...), Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Kirby Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, and Skyward Sword.

E3 2014: Highlights (so far): SSB4, X, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (very likely), Zelda (guaranteed), Metroid (very likely), Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire, and Sonic Boom.

As shown, E3 this year is already setting up to be really good and these are just the games we already know about. Twitch has said that they are going to be covering four major games from Nintendo that haven't been covered yet so there are a lot of possibilities on the table. If Nintendo plays their cards right, this year's E3 could be a slamdunk for them.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I voted an 8. For some weird reason, Nintendo tends to have really, really good E3's every four years and things are lining up to make this E3 particularly memorable.

E3 1998- Highlights: First major showcasing of Gameboy Color, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red and Blue, F-Zero X, Perfect Dark, Conker's 12 Tails, and Paper Mario.

E3 2002- Highlights: Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Resident Evil REmake, Viewtiful Joe, Animal Crossing, Metroid Fusion, and Eternal Darkness.

E3 2006: Highlights: First major showcasing of Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Phantom Hourglass, and Elite Beat Agents.

E3 2010: Highlights: First major showcasing of 3DS, Kid Icarus Uprising, Donkey Country Returns, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid: Other M (oh...), Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Kirby Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, and Skyward Sword.

E3 2014: Highlights (so far): SSB4, X, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (very likely), Zelda (guaranteed), Metroid (very likely), Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire, and Sonic Boom.

As shown, E3 this year is already setting up to be really good and these are just the games we already know about. Twitch has said that they are going to be covering four major games from Nintendo that haven't been covered yet so there are a lot of possibilities on the table. If Nintendo plays their cards right, this year's E3 could be a slamdunk for them.
Nintendo relying on FIFA world cup confirmed.

8 for me too.

Staarih

Smash Master
I voted 9. I'm super pumped, but it's always best to remain at least a little cautious to prevent any major disappointments.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I voted about a 5. I'm excited to see the game in action, but if any other newcomer besides Chrom is announced, that pretty much puts my tenure here in severe jeopardy. That said, I'm confident in my security.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I voted 8. I'm looking forward to the game, and I'm excited to get my hands on it, but I'm certainly not as hyped as I probably could be right now.

About a 6. I'm excited, but I have a feeling this is going to be about on level with the Smash Direct. A lot of little information, a few veterans (all of who are obviously coming back at this point), and maybe a newcomer.

Not that all that is bad thing, it's just not worth getting super hyped about.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hype overdrive. I'm going insane with hype right now. Things will calm down after E3, but I just want to know what's going to happen.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'm really ****ing excited. Invitational, demos, trailers, Q&A. We will get a ****-ton of information, and information is what I feed off.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
So just to get this straight: This is a thread on a Smash Bros dedicated site that asks if we are excited for the next Smash Bros game?

No. No we aren't.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I've probably visited these boards in the last two weeks more than I have for the last 8 years. Does that count?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So just to get this straight: This is a thread on a Smash Bros dedicated site that asks if we are excited for the next Smash Bros game?

No. No we aren't.
Actually, no, not really, the topic is mainly about asking how hyped everyone is. Some people really aren't all that hyped for the game due to lackluster roster thus far (in their personal opinions) and others have mixed levels of hype. Yeah, everyone;s excited, but some people have a lukewarm reception so far despite loving Smash Bros.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
10 for me and it's because I KNOW it's going to be awesome for me.

Why? well, the ridley case would be enjoyable for me no matter what happen (if deconfirmed, check smashboard because it would be memorable even without ridley)

The guarantee to see something new. I'm usually positive when I see something new and I don't play smash just for the character but for everything.

The Q&A should be interesting. I enjoy seeing how developers like Sakurai manage to deliver such good quality with so much stress.

The invitationnal. I may not follow the competitive scene but just from the sounds of it, it's going to be fun to watch.

And of course, every thing I want that may be shown like a paper mario game on wiiu that follows the first 2 games, details on the new zelda and any other surprise that I would say "WOW didn't expect that".

To sum it, It's GOING to be good.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Welcome to Smashboards, how hyped are you?

How hyped am I? HOW HYPED AM I? I've been practicing in Brawl fighting 3 Lvl. 9 CPU Meta Knights at a time with a winning streak of 200-0!

Yeah, so?

Using Metal Ganondorf.

Oh, uh... right this way, sir.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Actually, no, not really, the topic is mainly about asking how hyped everyone is. Some people really aren't all that hyped for the game due to lackluster roster thus far (in their personal opinions) and others have mixed levels of hype. Yeah, everyone;s excited, but some people have a lukewarm reception so far despite loving Smash Bros.
Well then

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite hyped, so I voted 8 as I'm trying to keep my hyped in check. I have no doubt it will skyrocket over the weekend once I don't even have a Pic of the Day to distract me.

Top Bottom