• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How hard do you think it will be?

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
Well for me quite easy possibly. Im going to preorder brawl the first day its release date is released. I also will stay at the store until the shipment gets there and well there are gaming stores closer to most smasher that are far away from me. So as soon as see a release date Im calling every store away close to me for a preorder. Most likely a gamestop. You also have to think "how many people are dedicated to smash as we are. They will most likely get the game whenever they feel like it b/c they arent as serious as us.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
meh, it probobly wont be too hard for me. It's not like anyone is going to be camping out for them at my middle-of-nowhere wal-mart.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Not hard at all.
No one I know has a wii (save for one friend) so I should be able to get it rather easily.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
Software is easy to mass produce, hardware is different. It will be nothing like the wii release and I personally doubt it will be sold out anywhere. Nintendo knows that this game is popular so they will have PLENTY of copies for anyone who wants it. I will get mine the day it comes out and I will bet that there will be alot on the shelves. I was there late in the day when Gears of War and there was hundreds of copies. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, shouldnt be a problem finding a copy(you can buy it online anyway)

Salaad

Smash Ace
Software is easy to mass produce, hardware is different. It will be nothing like the wii release and I personally doubt it will be sold out anywhere. Nintendo knows that this game is popular so they will have PLENTY of copies for anyone who wants it. I will get mine the day it comes out and I will bet that there will be alot on the shelves. I was there late in the day when Gears of War and there was hundreds of copies. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, shouldnt be a problem finding a copy(you can buy it online anyway)
Trust me on this one, you won't want to be left out..

People were like Oh! it's ok i'll walk in into Target and buy a Wii at 8AM. By the first week, all reservations will probably be out for Brawl, or even less. I remember sitting there in line (39th! xD) waiting for a Wii and looking at the people that come right when the store opens to try and get a Wii I was like LOL!

Anyway, point is RESERVE IT. There will probably be a midnight release too...It's true that Software is easier to make, but I bet you that most people with a Wii will be looking for Brawl, and I don't think that they would make enough copies for that. Just get your reservation so you can feel safe knowing you got Brawl. xD

Blackadder

Smash Master
Bah, I need not reserve it!
I'm just buying from a little game shop I know.
Easy :D

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
I still can't get a Wii. All the stores I call say they haven't gotten any shipments, but how can every store in central Ohio have no Wii's for 3 straight months?

Rash

Smash Ace
It's going to be hard to get. Believe me. The thing's going to sell a million in no time at all.

What I'm going to do is go out and preorder it right after the release date is announced. I'm not sure when Nintendo will give an official date, but hopefully they do it at E3. That way next week I'll be able to just walk into a store and preorder SSBB, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy (if that's given a date as well) all at the same time. Makes sense.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I dont think it should be too big of an issue. People thought the same for Halo 2 and people camped out and it turned out u could easily walk in the store any time and pick up a copy there were so many.

Salaad

Smash Ace
It's going to be hard to get. Believe me. The thing's going to sell a million in no time at all.

What I'm going to do is go out and preorder it right after the release date is announced. I'm not sure when Nintendo will give an official date, but hopefully they do it at E3. That way next week I'll be able to just walk into a store and preorder SSBB, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy (if that's given a date as well) all at the same time. Makes sense.

Same with me..MP3 and SMG are gonna rock....hard. xD and maybe keep me busy until Brawl comes out.

I know so many people at my school that are like "I'm getting a Wii when Brawl comes out" and I'm like LOL!!11! gl...

^^This isn't Halo 2, this is Brawl; the BIGGEST/ MOST ANTICIPATED game of the year/your life. Halo 3 is basically sold out too. And hopefully we get some nice online play for MP3, SMG, SSBB, BW2

Don't be like those people who thought they can walk in and get a Wii, but they don't and they come back to some forum crying their hearts out.:urg:

Salaad

Smash Ace
Lol stop kidding yourselves, Brawl is not halo,or Grand theft Auto. You won't need to pre-order it.
You say that now, we'll see how you come back w/o Brawl or something..Just to be safe Pre-order. YES, SSBB beats Halo 3 because it's a Run-and-gun game, NO strategy at all. I played the Beta and it was OK. I'd rather play Gears of War.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
gears of war ftw.
the ssb series is just as big as halo and gta4.
and you know mgs4 will trump halo3

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
With the lack of Wiis,it won't see record sales the first weekend.But since that's the case,it will sell consistently for a long while.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
With the lack of Wiis,it won't see record sales the first weekend.But since that's the case,it will sell consistently for a long while.
i don't know, the supply of wii is growing and last time i checked it's outselling xbox360 and ps3. plus itll never drop down in price ever, just like melee

I think Halo may outsell it..
halo 3 might the first month because it is so overtly overrated, but smash will come out ahead in the long run

Salaad

Smash Ace
Halo has no chance at all. It's a dumarse game with updated graphics, levels and guns. The game is stoopid. In Gears of war, you could go 1 v 3 and take their whole team..In Halo 3 (Beta) you have a hardass time taking 2 people down at once with a lucky nade..RUN-AND-GUN. People everywhere come up to me everyday "Dude..when does Brawl come out?". I never hear Halo 3 talk, it's all about the Brawlness inside of us. Brawl is going to be great cause there is so much possibility, and it also takes skill..Halo 3, unfortunatly basically takes no skill..

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Bestbuy.com is offering pre orders. I probably will preorder it when I get home from vacation.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Being the loser with no life I had prepared 2 situations.
If it came to Japan or America first.

Japan first: Import the game. :)

America first: Preorder(just in case) come to the store BEFORE it opens. Get it quickly. drive quickly to my house. Rip the box(not the plastic. I will be in a RUSH to play that). Play the game.

If, however you are not crazy, just walk in the store. No need for pre ordering.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
you know if you import the game it'll take about a week for shipping depending on which service you use, and it won't work with american wiis. but i do like the enthusiasum

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
you know if you import the game it'll take about a week for shipping depending on which service you use, and it won't work with american wiis. but i do like the enthusiasum
Maybe I'll import a Japanese Wii too.......
Or go to Japan.....(I could show some Japanese chicks my American Wii j/k)
That kinda sucks.. I'll import it anyway JUST to look at the cover. And have my hands on it..

EDIT: Instead, I'll invite Bombsoldier to my house. I'll bet he wont mind swimming thru the Pasific then thru the Pananama canal up to the EC.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Don't pre-order until you get a release date. Better to be safe than sorry.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It will be easy. TRUST ME. It was said in this thread before and it was the only thing said that was actually backed by facts, software is easy to produce and easily shipped. I don't see there being any problem with picking it up at a Wal-Mart or a game store the day of, just like Halo 2.

Speaking of Halo 2's launch, I was with a bunch of friends chillen that were waiting to get their copy. I laughed so hard when some friends and I walked to the Wal-Mart that was on the same plaza as the Gamestop and picked up a copy and went back to our other friends in line XD.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I would pre-order from best buy, but they only have delivery available. That means it will be shipped the day it comes out. You won't get it the same day. The site has said "in store pickups available soon" for about 6 months now. And I don't know about you all, but I need Brawl the moment it comes out.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Boy, if any af you here knew how much of a scam pre-ordering is, you'd change your mind.

Pick it up that morning, you won't have a problem.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Boy, if any af you here knew how much of a scam pre-ordering is, you'd change your mind.

Pick it up that morning, you won't have a problem.
I've been reserving games for a long time. There seems to be no problem with it. It ensures that you get your copy of the game. I almost didn't get a Wii because I didn't reserve it.

I had to wake up real early in the morning and wait outside of a best buy and wait behind a lot of people who were there much earlier than me. I was number 61 in line, and was lucky I made it there before even more people arrived, which they did.

They had at least 102 Wii, and were sold out within the hour. They were going fast. I'm just glad I have my Wii, and Reserved my copy of Brawl so I don't have to repeat this. :laugh:

Top Bottom