• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How hard are level 9 CPU's for you?

How many can you kill a per match on average?

Votes: 29 13.2%

Votes: 99 45.2%

Votes: 50 22.8%
  • 4+

Votes: 41 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnorok_Kitty

Smash Rookie
I'm just getting back into Smash Bros and doing pretty terrible against level 9 CPU's 1v1. Are these guys hard? How does everyone else fare?

sm0kemonster

Smash Rookie
With Link's spike, I can kill level 9 Mario 3 - 5 times per 2 minute match. But if I'm not spiking, I have have to rely on sudden death to win.

Shog

Smash Ace
I am honestly suprised how effective the CPU """cheats"""(using our input for their benefit) with Powershield etc. They also escape Combos pretty well.

I wonder how in the realgame it is to fight them.

Oh and 2 kills for me

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Two is the most I get on average without abusing their stupidity. They have an extremely good defensive game due to their input reading, but they crumble if you let them go on the offensive, as they have no concept of using safe attacks and will readily whiff grabs and smashes that you can punish.

I've gotten as many as seven with Megaman by just playing defensive by the edge and back throwing them off, then gimping them using his nair once they've double jumped. As far as the demo goes, it works on everyone but Villager and Pikachu, due to their recoveries being too good.

Last edited:

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Most of the time, I'm just practicing so I don't really try. I always go against mario with Megaman...... so one kill if not a loss. Mario is hard for megaman O_O I usually don't bother with anyone else. Villager I get at least one kill with and everyone else, I get two or more. Link makes me lol. F-SMASH GIMP FOR THE LOLZ

Last edited:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
They're certainly smarter than in previous smash games. But after some practice with Link I can now two stock lvl. 9's in the demo.

Overclocked

Smash Cadet
NNID
superfamicomwars
I can usually get 2 kills on them per match, sometimes 3 if I'm playing well enough.

I definitely like the difficulty of the CPU characters from what I've played so far in the demo. I can get kills on them, so it's not too hard, but it's so easy that I'm just killing them endlessly, either.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I can take on a lvl 9 cpu 1 on 1 or 3 when its free for all... But when its team battle and its 2 level 9 CPU's vs me... I have a little trouble.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Two, for the most part. Give it some time and you'll get used to the CPU levels immediately.

Cept for when you're fighting a character with a counter, like Little Mac or Marth. The difficulties get notched up quite a lot.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I feel they are just annoying to deal with rather than difficult so I just play with 8's. Much fairer even though it also makes them slightly easier. But at least it's not artificial difficulty.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
For me, in the demo, I average between two and three kills a match as Villager, and roughly two alone as Mario. The computer is less jab centric in this one, so I'm happy.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Time matches suck since there's a high frequency of Sudden Death, where I periodically just get bob-ombed. Otherwise, I never lose to comps.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Been playing 1v1 against a level 9 CPU. Usually I can get 2 KOs on them. Its annoying how they can spot dodge and instantly tech spikes on the ground.
So far, my record is 4 KOs against Link, playing as Pikachu without losing a Stock.
Link is pretty easy to gimp with any character, I just throw him off the side and do Pikachu's back air, pushing him back just far enough that he can't hope to recover.

I remember how people were complaining about how long matches took, and thus justifying the 2 stock matches in For Glory Mode. I kinda like time battles now, it speeds stuff up alot. I definitely don't need 2 minutes to take 2 stocks off of a CPU.

I'm pretty sure I'll still get whupped by human opponents though...

I'm terrible with Villager and the Mario CPU is godlike, I've lost a lot of matches to Mario, the CPUs are actually keeping me pretty entertained in this smash.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
The Pikachu constantly breaks combos with down B. You don't hear Pikachu say anything or even do an animation but while juggling Pikachu with u-tilts/u-airs as Mario I sometimes get struck by Pikachu's thunder regardless. Pretty interesting CPU's all around, they get pretty thirsty for the kill around 100-110% by constantly spamming their f-smash which is quite predictable and easy to avoid and punish.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
On average, just two kills a match. They're not hard, just obnoxious. They might be cheating the system a bit.
I especially hate Lv 9 Pikachu. And I learned yesterday that Mario can reflect Megaman's Up Air and have it spike you downward. Son of a *****!

MSCowboy

Smash Rookie
I can beat them more often than not, but I hate them. That perfect timing, input reading bull**** just pisses me off until I want to break the 3DS and punch a wall. They are not fun to play at all. Even when I win, it doesn't feel good.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
For the first week I play level 9 CPU's get around 2 kills 80% of the time sometimes 3 if I spike them early.

Level 9 computers are almost 2 unreal for my taste. They can read your inputs and block most moves perfectly.

Now I just put computers on level 7 they feel the most human to me. And they are more aggressive on level 7. Playing against level computers will teachieve u bad habits so I wouldn't even recommend playing them.

I really hope a level 50 amiibo plays aggressively rather then defensively.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
I can usually manage to get 3 kills on all of them except for Pikachu. Most I've gotten was 5, against Link.

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
Just got back into Smash Bros recently myself.

After practicing a few matches, I did a free-for-all match with myself and 3 level 9 CPUs. I played as Link and ended up going into sudden death against Pikachu. One thunder move from him though and it was all over for me.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
For some odd reason, I can fight the level 9 bots here without any trouble. Other Smash games they would annoy me, but I would still manage, but here they are just stupid easy for me. Usually two kills per two minute match, and the times that I get one kill, it is Sudden Death, which is an easy kill with a fully charged Arrow from Link.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The computer has become more of a cheating illegitimate son born out of wedlock (Smashboards doesn't allow me to say the B word) in this game. I generally win against them but they are still damn annoying.

They stoop up their game this time by reading your inputs before your move even comes out and acting accordingly (in others words, they got better by cheating more). You gotta be careful at times when you want to gimp them or spike them off the stage; for instance, CP Mario knows when you are going to fire a projectile off the stage. I tested this by using Pikachu's Thunder Jolt several times when I threw him from the platform, the moment my finger pushed the button and without the animation even starting, Mario just Up B's me and intercepts me. I tried doing something different in the exact same situation like not firing the projectile at all just to have him return normally without attacking, and if I delay the button press he always gets me at the right time.

They can also footstool jump you perfectly, off and on the stage. When I'm next to a CP and there is a Smash Ball above us, the moment I jump it's their cue to gimp me without fail. There is also other stuff like when I throw a Gale Boomerang with Link and my opponent is Pikachu, he simply jumps when the boomerang is on it's way back, positions himself on the whirlwind and initiates a Bair, and it gets me with all the hits of the move. It's just infuriating how they perfectly gauge their positioning and timing of the attack so that it can ride the wind of my boomerang and hit me.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty easy, while I generally get two kills I'm beginning to primarily lean towards three kills with Mario. They seem slightly easier than in Brawl though, but still harder than the ****ty Melee CPUs.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I can beat them more often than not, but I hate them. That perfect timing, input reading bull**** just pisses me off until I want to break the 3DS and punch a wall. They are not fun to play at all. Even when I win, it doesn't feel good.
Whoa... relax there buddy.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
On average I get two kills, but when I played as Villager vs Megaman one time I managed to get 4 kills. CPU Megaman sucks at recovering, very easy to gimp or drop a bowling ball on.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've actually gotten as much as 4-5 kills regularly with Mario and Mega Man. 3 is regular with Link.

Usually I only get 2 kills on my first to third matches each session, though, as I am kinda warming up.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
My record is 5 vs Pikachu as Mega Man. I get an average of 3 with any of the demo characters except Link.

zozo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0146-9842-1089
They're pretty easy to be IMO if you play smart and correctly. If you're predictable they will destroy you. I usual body lv9s with Megaman. I lose a few, but on average I beat them at least 4 or 5 times in a row with Megaman before I lose.

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
There is no "mindgaming" or "outplaying" the CPU, they react to your button inputs almost instantaneously lol. For me it really depends on the matchup.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I'd have to agree that the AI is far more annoying then fun to fight.

You have to either resort to defensive play or abusing their flaws to really get anywhere because of how perfectly they can shield/dodge your attacks and space their attacks.

The only things they're really good for is teaching you how to dodge and punish attacks.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I average 2-3 KOs, the CPUs aren't that hard, just really annoying because their dodgefest and constant shielding, but after some time is easy to punish and gimp them.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
on average I get about 3. I'm pretty good with Megaman... I bet playing Megaman 2 so much prepared me... or at least that's what wish to believe.

Smashmar2

Smash Cadet
My biggest question is; has anyone fought them with marth? For some reason I just cannot seem to do well against them with him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom