• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Good is Sheik's Bair?

Dcold

Smash Lord
I lately have been realizing how good Sheik's bair actually is.

It has better than decent priority.
Fast
Good for Spacing
Has many hitboxes including a front one, one on her torso, one huge on on her foot, and another on her leg.
Little landing lag

But what i have been thinking is, could it be used effectively to camp certain characters?

For example. Her bair destroy's Link and Tink's Arrows and Boomerang. Destroys Aura Sphere at some percentages [need to check where it goes to] Basically destroys almost all thrown projectiles [thrown meaning no lasers, etc. "plasmic" attacks if that is even the right word. Maybe "energy" would be a better word. Lolwut?]

With this "camp" it helps you space and easy to use, basically it is a weaker version of Wolf's Bair "camp" but still can be viable depending on how you play.

I personally use C-Stick for my aerials so i can fast fall them, and i can ff all of my bairs quickly which doesn't leave me VERY open to attacks that outrange us. It's not like the chain camp where you need time to retract the chain, it's something that can be stopped immediately, or whenever your options for follow ups are more viable.

Thanks! May be useful, if not...oh well. Can trick people for a little while ;D.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Bair's range isn't good enough to effectively camp.
Also, people could easily shield dash and then OoS attack or grab.

If you want to camp then just stand there, use chain some, Needle some but mostly out maneuver them.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Bair's range isn't good enough to effectively camp.
Also, people could easily shield dash and then OoS attack or grab.

If you want to camp then just stand there, use chain some, Needle some but mostly out maneuver them.
If you see someone running at you then...well duh you'll move lol. Not something to just stand there and expect to work forever, you've just got to use it smart. Spacing the bair with fox trotting is pretty much the same. Good to space characters and cut off options but if they approach incorrectly, bam back to square one for them. If they do it correctly then you have so many different hitboxes you can hit them with to change the powersheilding times, you control when the things happen. If you get PSed then run for it. If not, use it wise ;D

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
If you see someone running at you then...well duh you'll move lol. Not something to just stand there and expect to work forever, you've just got to use it smart. Spacing the bair with fox trotting is pretty much the same. Good to space characters and cut off options but if they approach incorrectly, bam back to square one for them. If they do it correctly then you have so many different hitboxes you can hit them with to change the powersheilding times, you control when the things happen. If you get PSed then run for it. If not, use it wise ;D
I see what you are saying.
I have been saying to use our speed to punish approaches.
Thing is, you just don't use Bair. You use jabs, f-tilt, Chain, Vanish, Needle's and DACUS (for the most part that is).
It is pretty much like Marth's camp game... minus the super disjoint and + Chain/Needle's.

Top Bottom