• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Good Is Sheik In A Team Battle?

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Heya, I sometimes play with anybody on Wi-Fi in Team Battles with Sheik and I notice this... She isn't that good in Team Battles. :( She can do some quick and speedy damage for her team-mate, but besides that, not much. This also has something to do with how well she does in 4-match free for alls. She can't exactly KO well, and I don't change to Zelda. Maybe it's because I don't change to Zelda?

Anyways, I'm looking for some tips in Team Battles. Just answer a few of my questions and that'll be all the help I need. :) And I know you need to know my opponents and some other details, but let's just say it's Sheik (ME) & Mario vs. Mario and Mario. :)

1) Should I focus on attacing or KOing?
2) I'm surrounded by both of them. U-Smash or D-Smash?
3) Who's the best partner that Sheik could have in a Team Battle?

Okay that's it. I would appreciated it if you could help me with those questions. Answer them in a 1) -Answer- 2) -Answer- 3) -Answer- Format please, thank you. I appreciate your help.

chckn

Smash Ace
Team battles are a completely different strategy than 1v1s. Usually you have one person to rack up damage while another to ko. My advice as sheik, team up with someone like snake/gw that can pick up the kills. IMO sheik isnt a terrible teams character at all. She can rack up damage quickly allowing for your teamate to pick up the kill. and about your usmash v dmash q, idk you really dont need to focus very much on kills, but I guess depends on the situation?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You should focus on living and gimping that's the life of Sheik. The best way of doing this is needle camping on the outside of the stage. Try to annoy one opponent and force them to come to you and when you see a opening, punish them.

Down smash would most likely to be the best choice as the attack comes out on the 4th frame while u-smash comes out on the 11th also the u-smash also has more cool down time.

I wish I could give you a solid answer for this one but I know Zelda is one of the best because she has the power sheik lacks and because the data is already loaded you can do a quick change into Zelda for the kill if needed.

Matumakka

Smash Cadet
I would say by experience, that sheik is more useful as a helper then an actual fighter. b/c in most fights we ARE going to see top tiers and other players that can send shiek flying at low damage b/c of her ridiculous light weight. shiek is useful for building up damage with combos, and then hopfully you should have a partner whos a powerhouse, or just has strong enough smash moves to kill them. like Im usually teamed up with VEC, my friend a luigi mainer. and im useful by just building up damage and then when it comes to the point where theres only one of the teamates left, I hold them and then luigi comes and upB ftw!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
In short, Sheik's needles and ftilt **** in teams.

Play simple, but play great.

Her partner is anyone who's fast and can KO. Snake, Fox, Kirby are good options, but there are plenty more. I team with a G&W.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman

- Sheik should never be focusing on KOing. When I play Sheik, I focus on damage building/distraction. Needles to control the opposition and mess up their timing vs your partner. In any team game, it's REALLY important to watch your teammate's back. this isn't a 1v1 v 1v1 game...your target should change 100 times in a 2v2 match if it means helping your friend out. Sheik's particularly suited to this because she's so fast. With her speed, you're often able to break away from your opponent and sneak attack whoever your partner is fighting.

She's also really good for providing kill support, because she can either keep someone at bay with tilt locks while you guard, or quickly transition to edge guard mode when your partner's opponent is knocked off. So basically, just focus on being a ninja and being all over the place.

(Also, her speed allows her to save the partner sometimes...if they are dying, fast fall UAir to save them back up, then jump chain to get on the edge.)

DSmash without question. Gotta save that USmash for kills and for surprise Boost Smashes...cause I've never had a team have BOTH members of the group fully block a well placed Boost Smash at that inevitable time during the amtch where they are spaced RIGHT next to each other.

(Well, maybe not NEVER...but it's still good, cause not a lot of people even know she can do it, let alone have SEEN someone do it in a fight)

Someone that can KO and survive well. Personally, and this has worked decently for me so far : Donkey Kong or Meta Knight. (Then again MK is just sick no matter what)

DK works real well though, because your throw and his synergize really well...and hes got amazing kill power and can most of the time save without having to grab the ledge, so theres no fight between your partner and the chain.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
1) Sheik is good for comboing and damage building. Thus, you should focus on racking damage and let your partner focus on KO's.
2) Downsmash is significantly faster than Upsmash, and thus is your best bet if both characters are around you.
3) Because of number one, you want someone who is very good at KOing. I'd suggest characters like Snake, Ike, DK, Dedede, Bowser, Ganondorf, Zelda, Captain Falcon, or anyone else who can consistantly kill at under 100%. You should especially focus on spacing, so that Sheik can get a character caught in a Tilt lock and the partner can hit them out of it lethally without hitting Sheik.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i say sheik is good in teams if u have a partner that can kill well

Top Bottom