• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does link fair against pit and meta?

blazingIKE33

Smash Cadet
overall summary

Link shines against multiple opponents ( like metaknight and pit ). In this situation, its much easier to create a distance between Link and the opponents, allowing him to use projectiles attacks at will. If any opponents close in, forward smash attack and the double hit from his down smash attack make link a formidable opponent.

Pit and Metakinght can both be cheap characters. Pit can spam his wing attack and Metaknight can easily spam his tornado attack. It will be best to be cheap back at them. Do everything you could to try to be as cheap as they are. ;)

Pit and MK can also be hard to get to if they are gliding. Pit is easier to hit out of the air , but MK is... a different story. He is hard to knock around.

So, all around, Link vs. MK and Pit is a pretty fair match. They all have their strenghths, but they also have their weaknesses. ** and Cheap characteristics **;)

Pit is a bad match up for Link, but they can be beaten, you just need to remember the right tool at the right time.

You don't have many advantages but the ones you do have are;

Melee range, Priority, Bombs, Ranged grab, Power.

Always keep a bomb handy, they can stop him from spamming, force him closer to you, or put him in the air where, if he comes within reach, you typicly have the higher priority. Link is a good juggling character.

Don't let him mind game you, if he dashes at you, claw shot him before he's within either of your melee ranges. (Don't get overzealous with this one, it's punishable.)

Duck with your shield to stop arrows and wait for him to break flow.

Abuse your A combo, it's impossible to side step, and leaves you in a favourable position to follow up with a projectile or two and force Pit back into sword range.

Pit is light, if you catch him at damaged over 100%, you can typicly smash him off screen.

If you knock him low and he's forced to use his up+B (unfortunately uncommon..) You have a chance to gimp him. Hitting him when he flies shuts him off, and he'll fall to his death.

Force Pit into the air, and keep moving, he can't arrow spam from above, and you're a good juggler.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Well, Sagemoon is like 500x better than my friend. I definitely should have found a better Pit, at least on Youtube, before making this argument. I managed to gimp my friend a lot, however... wow props on Sagemoon's play, I wasn't even aware of the crazy arrows.

What Garde was saying about how a mistake by Link is way more punishable than Pit or MK, is very true. If you get caught at 75% or more, versus one of their smash moves that isn't stale, you are in trouble. Link is harder to play, considering the lack of speed/priority on his moves, and his recovery is bad. So, yeah given that Pit is way harder to gimp, has faster moves, and a more spammable projectile, Pit probably has the advantage versus most Links.

Sagemoon's glide is hardcore, and that movie is kinda old. I suppose when my friend can't use the glide worth a ****, I really have to easy, to make a statement saying, "oh link can always gimp Pit," or w/e I said, was a bit... WRONG. Sorry about that.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
Well if they be cheap, be cheap back. Keep pushing them back with
arrows and the boomerang. When they get close, up smash them.
When Pit is shooting arrows, just crouch. Your sheild will block it.
If the pit is smart and jumps and shoots or something like that,
jump above the arrows and hit him with a Nair or Fair.
If those doesnt work, i dont know what to say, counterpick them
perhaps.
Two wrongs don't make a right. -A wise, horribly misguiden old man.
I agree. Be cheap back.

Top Bottom