• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you use Lucario's throws? What can you combo them into?

Tohoya

Smash Rookie
Since I love Lucario's air game, I tend to just go for a D-throw into an F-air or U-air, but yesterday I randomly noticed that his F-throw actually has decent killing power. When and where do you use Lucario's different throws?

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
the ideal is dthrow to combo. it deals nice damage (10%!) and doesn't send the opponent too far up, making it perfect to uair to nair/aura sphere the crap outta him

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I save b/f-throw for KO'ing, using mostly d-throws, since d-throw and b-throw do the most damage.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
back throw has just as much killing power as forward at the end of the stage, but theyre all really situational.

forward and up throw both use aura so using them when youre low on damage isnt most advisable.

sooooo...

forward throw when you want to kill. you could use it to set up for combos at low percentages when you have high damage, but when you can chainthrow with side-b, why would you?

back throw when you want to kill and you are at the edge of the stage facing inward.

down throw when you dont have too much damage and they are low enuff for you to hit them into some combos

and up throw when you have a lot of damage and want to set up for combos

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
guys you need to remember that back throw doesn't get an aura boost by high %. if you are below 50% that's OK but if you are higher you should give priority to fthrow for enhanced damage and distance.
other than that no problem with either. go nuts XD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Back throw is my favorite by far. That thing sends the opponent backwards at a lovely low trajectory, and has very little ending lag, allowing you to jump out for an edgeguard without losing any time. I get a lot of my early KOs from back throws coupled with aggressive edge guarding.

Due to the horizontal angle it sends the characters back at (even with DI), you can throw out an aura sphere during your initial jump to limit their options, and then lead into Fair or Dair pressure.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
You can kill, but not combo. Miyamoto banned that, man!
Miyamoto had nothing to do with Brawl, besides allowing his characters to be playable. :/

And technically, down throw to Fair chasing IS a combo, because the amount of options available to your opponent in that situation is tiny. If you lead immediately with a Fair, it will hit them before they can jump. All they can do is attack or air dodge it. Attacking is a bad idea due to the Fair's priority, and if they air dodge it, the Fair is fast enough and lingers for long enough to just use a second one and catch them as they fall out of their dodge animation.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Uthrow is for juggle start (in the really early game, like when both of u are at 0, use it with an u-tilt and u-smash in combo), d-throw is for scarier combos, and at low %, f-throw and b-throw can be used for full AS spacing or aggressive edge-guarding. High % make f throw a KO option. hope this helps

Top Bottom