• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you up b glide?

Cinder

Smash Master
Control your DI as soon as you up-B (I think...if I'm wrong, please do correct me)...wait...you ARE talking about Sheik, right? Uhh, if so, maybe "glide" wasn't the right word to use...if you're not talking about Sheik, find the right place to post this

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
If he's referring to Seibrik's vid then all you have to do it run at the edge and up b right as you're about to step off the edge. Your momentum will carry you off the edge and there will be two puff attack parts. It's more commonly known as double vanish or ledge vanish so you might try Youtubing those two terms.

mad_max

Smash Cadet
Yeah, einthesuperdog's right, run toward the edge, do an up-b before you run off. It will take some practice because you have to time it just right in order for it to work, and make sure that you don't accidentally do and over-b, because you could fall and die. My advice would be to practice on platforms; battlefield is great for learning how.

There aren't really good applications for this other than mind games, because you poof twice and it increases the horizontal range of your up-b (from platform to platform?). Also, you can edge guard with it, but it's not very effective and you half to remember to poof back toward the stage. Watch Seibrik's video, it's fugging amazing, there's no way I can do it that many times without screwing up.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
If you do use it to edgehog be careful that they don't grab the edge before you get a chance to. This happened once to me, someone got the edge before the second poof. It was quite lame. Basically just use it to show off if you think you can intimidate your opponent.

Top Bottom