• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you tell which Skins you're replacing?

OptimusRhymez

Smash Rookie
When looking at the Fitx0y.pcs, how can you tell which file represents which skin. There doesn't seem to be any consistency between the numbers and the choices in game when I try and find a pattern. Is there a list somewhere or can someone tell me how I can tell which skin I'm replacing?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Generally (read: every time), 0 is default and 1/2/3 are red/green/blue respectively.

Here's a full list, although they use weird names for a bunch of them.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Didn't the PMBR systematize the order of the color swaps in the css?

210stuna

Smash Lord
Didn't the PMBR systematize the order of the color swaps in the css?
I think that is for cBliss.

Project: M, as far as I know, still loads the character's CSP in the order of vBrawl's where some people's original skin texture is their team color for red team, blue team, or green team color scheme. I could be wrong though.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
00 is default, 01 is red team, 02 is blue team, 03 is green team, and the remaining are other colors. However some do not have an 04, 05, and/or 06.

As for defaults as team colors, Mario, Ness, and ROB have their default as red team, and Charizard was coded to have his default as red team. Bowser, Link, Toon Link, and Luigi have their defaults as green. Sonic's default is blue team, and Marth and Squirtle were coded to have their defaults as blue team.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Easiest solution: libertyernie's Costume Manager

http://www.lakora.us/brawl/costumemanager/

Just go to "Change directory", select the root folder of your hacks, and click on your character's name to be able to sort through all of their costumes per slot. You can even change CSPs, BPs, etc. from there.

EDIT: If a model doesn't show up, the CSPs and other portites will. That just means that it's a costume from the base game.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Easiest solution: libertyernie's Costume Manager

http://www.lakora.us/brawl/costumemanager/

Just go to "Change directory", select the root folder of your hacks, and click on your character's name to be able to sort through all of their costumes per slot. You can even change CSPs, BPs, etc. from there.

EDIT: If a model doesn't show up, the CSPs and other portites will. That just means that it's a costume from the base game.
This. The tool is useful, although I've found it to be inconsistent with Wario.

Top Bottom