• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you take your game to the next level?

Prof.Betts

Smash Rookie
So I've gotten pretty decent at smash bros ultimate, but i feel like just playing matches over and over again really isn't taking me to the next level. is there anything that I should practice or do that could help improve my game? thanks.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know if this is the place you post this or not, but have you considered recording plays against your cpus/online opponents and throwing them online or here for extra pointers? You never know, someone might be able to give you some sound advice by watching your playstyle.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Watching your own replays helps a lot too, so long as it's done mindfully. Save a match with a player who was better than you and make note of what you're doing that's getting you hit. Maybe you moved the same way twice and the other player picked up on the habit. Maybe they shielded against one of your attacks and then grabbed you out of shield, in which case you would need to practice better spacing with your attacks. Et cetera, et cetera.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
While you may watch your replays and the replays of others (preferably those who use the same main as you), you'll want to practice paying attention to what's going on during your matches. Two awful options I've noticed I kept going for today were grabs and Screw Attack. I wasn't using these at the proper time, so I risked getting punished. Knowing that I was using these options poorly, it's allowed me time to think about when to use them at the proper time.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Also, try joining the Jigglypuff discord. Most of the character-specific discussion happens on the Discords, rather than on the class forums here. They likely have a dedicated channel for discussing matchup advice, discussing specific moves, combos, and tech for Jigglypuff, and other kinds of things like this.

I ran into one online today who was really surprising me. They kept comboing into aerial rests against me, which I didn't even know was possible. You may be able to ask how to do cool stuff like that too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom