• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you SHDL?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You can.

Though Analog jumping is higher than button jumping.
Serious? ...if you are this may change a few things for me...

one thing i see with C-button SH's is some times they get stuck on ledges...like you cant jump over them (even though it looks like you should be able to)...if Analog gives you more hieght ...this could become no problem O_o, and combos a little easier on everyones favorite stage! (Hyrule¿?)

sineps

Smash Rookie
just thought i'd mention that I can SHDL now :D...not all the time and not while im moving yet but hey...its a start.

I dont think I will ever get the shine-jab-hit thing down....i cant shine that fast :( and i dont think ill figure it out for a good while

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Well its good that your getting progress.

Moving with SHDL is very hard because you have to start standing before you can move...its tricky.

As for Shine jabbing...sigh ill learn it some day

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Shine jabbing isn't *that* hard on console (not saying it's easy tho), but online I managed to get it only twice lol.
Concerning the stick jump: of course it is slightly higher than the c-button jump. Never played on KB? :x
(Also IIRC there was a post by antd/Isai in which they said there are like more than 20 different heights for stick jumps lol)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Shine jabbing isn't *that* hard on console (not saying it's easy tho), but online I managed to get it only twice lol.
Concerning the stick jump: of course it is slightly higher than the c-button jump. Never played on KB? :x
(Also IIRC there was a post by antd/Isai in which they said there are like more than 20 different heights for stick jumps lol)
I only played KB for a very short time...i have a lot to work out now O_O

Training mode!

wait...lemme see...does D-pad funtion with all these jumps?...i bet it doesnt =.=

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I suppose KB and d-pad don't work like this.
But I think the differences between the stick jumps are very hard to notice, so it's not really worth spending much time practicing this, lol. Just practice with the full stick jump and that will be enough :D

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Maybe, but I was hoping to get a better scale…maybe learn, the lowest, middle and highest normal SH…that’d be useful, especially for fox with his precise Dtilt/Utilt/JabDair/Bair/Fair combos.

Superstar

Smash Champion
^^^ I guess I have something to do. Since I got a 360 controller and all.

Hell, I'll even take pictures on the Hyrule bricks.

Top Bottom