• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you regrab efficiently?

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow Bowsers, I have a question for you all.

Lately, I've been trying to learn the grab releases for the Top/High tier characters, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the regrabs/Klaws out of ground releases. I usually start tapping A as soon as I grab and wait for the ground release and then try to go for the regrab. However, I encounter two problems at this point :

1. For some reason it seems my tapping A carries over, and Bowser does jabs out of the ground release while I try to input a regrab motion. It's not terrible, but it's not what I'm trying to do.

2. I'll go for the regrab, but I guess I timed it wrong because they roll away before I can regrab, or it looks like Bowser can't reach them and he completely misses.

So I guess what I'm saying is, do you guys repeatedly tap A for max damage, or do you just tap it a few times and wait for what release occurs so you can react better? Also, how do you time your regrabs if you DO tap A repeatedly, and similarly if you don't?

Thanks, if I can get this figured out it should help my game immensely.

Flayl

Smash Hero
You can press Z to pummel. I haven't implemented the regrab in my game, but the maneuver is based on reaction. Try double-tapping the control stick forwards as soon as you see them break out and press Z.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's a practice thing.

If you want a regrab, you have to do a dashing grab. Smash your control stick and press Z. That's what I do at any rate.

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
What I do to Klaw and is best imo (which isn't worth much, unfortunately) is to slide your finger over the B button and then press A. You're still hitting him, but that Klaw will come out first since you're hitting the B button first.

If you're using the Gamecube Controller, it works.

They've already talked about the regrab, but no one mentioned the Klaw as well so I figured it wouldn't hurt to add it in

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
^ that sounds interesting, thanks.

BTW, does Klawing out of the grab release involve a dash motion as well? It seems for some characters that they are just out of reach.

It's a practice thing.

If you want a regrab, you have to do a dashing grab. Smash your control stick and press Z. That's what I do at any rate.
I know you're supposed to do a dash grab, it's just I seem to always dash a little to late and they get out of range via rolling or attacking me. I hope you mean analog stick as well...

Top Bottom