• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do YOU like to let off some steam after having a bad day on for glory?

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
After being 2 stocked, taunted at, disrespected, and
called an, er, "scrubnugget" multiple times (seriously, someone
please explain to me what this even is?), you've finally
decided to take a break from for glory for a few hours (or days).
What is there to do though? What else can you do to relax
yourself before hopping back into everyone's favorite hellhole?

personally, I like to go on for fun because of how playful
the people there typically are. Other times, I do single player
things like classic mode or all star mode. If my friends are on,
we sometimes decide to play "like casuals". Finally, if I'm really
riled up, I'll just turn off the console and take a long break.

What do you do when you need to cool down?

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Play with characters I actually have fun with like Lucina against anything, really. For Fun can still be frustrating with all the lag so I don't play that if I'm already mad. I also like to go to the Trophy Gallery and look at my trophies. For the most part, though, I just go listen to some music. Mostly themes from Smash, like Brawl's Final Destination or Brawl's Trophy Gallery, but sometimes non VG music like Punk Rock.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
Either go into the vault and listen to some music (mostly "City Escape or "Snowman" because "City Escape" makes me smile and "Snowman" is relaxing) Or I'll go into Classic mode and play at about 5.6 with characters I like, like Samus, Pikachu or Ness.

link2702

Smash Champion
Art academy home studio, playing my ocarinas or piano, Watching classic movies

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Yeah me too! I go on For Fun when I get mega frustrated to calm me down. Or I get offline, and go to training mode where I pick the character that beat me as the CPU and beat them right back.(or fool around)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I never get bad days on For Glory to the point that I would unnecessarily toss my controller at the TV.

What I do is just stop playing that **** and listen to some rap music.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
According to Urban dictionary a nugget is " An absolute scrub. " So I'm going to guess a scrubnugget is a really scrubby scrub.

When I need to blow off steam, I just play Mario Maker Expert mode ironically.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If someone spams taunts at me and/or insults me via tags, I do any of the following:
  • Pretend that my opponent is a social reject who's just venting out their anger on me.
  • Play For Glory with different people, and shoot them with "GGs" or "YOUR GOOD" so they can say something nice and give me faith in humanity again.
  • Play a different game.

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
I go to For Fun. If it's a taunt party, it's a taunt party. If people really fight, we really fight. It's a fun place to just screw around, and I don't care if I lose because it isn't exactly balanced, so it's not really anyone's fault. And it was still fun.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Either I'll pick up my guitar or I'll play some other game. Recently Kerbal Space Program, USFIV, Prison Architect, and UT2014 have been my go-tos. Come Friday I probably won't be playing Smash very much for a while. (XCOM 2 HYPE!)

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Message the butthole who disrespected me on Miiverse.
I kid, I kid, but in all seriousness, I play Splatoon, or do some progress in Golden Sun on my Wii U.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Drawing stuff, that's more rewarding that some stupid vidya I care too much about.

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Just take it easy until I start doing better... Not every game will remain bad if you stay calm.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Typically if it's one of "those" days I usually end up:
- Playing For Fun
- Watching Anime
- Playing a different game that isn't stressful inducing.

Honestly though playing online doesn't let you play to your full potential (lag, input delay) so I try not to take it too much to heart.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Typically if I have a really horrid day in For Glory (Lose streak, disrespectful players continuously, etc) I'll switch to For Fun and take part in some Taunt Parties here and there. Not everyone approves of them, but some people can genuinely make them fun at some times. If I'm just done with Smash in general I'll hop online, talk to folks, and just do my own thing usually. Sometimes play on my 3DS too.

Although For Glory can get stressful for some at times it's still a game in the end. If it's an off day it's an off day. What can ya do?

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I usually either turn off the game or play in For Fun for a little bit if I don't feel like playing seriously anymore.

I don't think FG should be taken too seriously due to online lag and general scrub mentality.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Message the butthole who disrespected me on Miiverse.
I kid, I kid, but in all seriousness, I play Splatoon, or do some progress in Golden Sun on my Wii U.
Splatoon is pretty infuriating too sometimes.

For me, even though I want to calm down and should calm down, I have trouble forgetting all of my failures. So I usually feel the need to upload my battles and ask people for critiques. But after it's all over, I just...I dunno, watch some Youtube videos.

DigiboyGaming

Smash Cadet
Usually I pick out why opponents character is OP/Cheap.

Lots of characters have at least one or two things that can make a good, balanced, character something that only baby-sacrificing anarchists would use.

Top Bottom