• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you keep your setup safe at a tournament?

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
On Saturday I'm going to a regional Melee/Project M/Wii U tournament, and I am planning on bringing a Wii and a CRT TV, and a copy of both SSBB and SSBM, depending on what they need the most. How do I keep my setup safe at one of these tournaments? I'm afraid someone will decide to run off with my Wii, and I do not want that to happen. I was planning on keeping my games in the backpack I'm bringing the Wii in, so that's not the problem. Just the Wii and the TV are what I'm worried about. Thank you in advanced for replying :)

ZombyDyno

Smash Rookie
I've never heard of someone stealing another person's Wii at a tourney.

Maybe it's happened and I just don't pay attention to local scenes much.

I figure everyone who goes to a Smash tournament is there because they love Smash, not because they want to steal a system.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
A precaution i did, is to simply label it with a marker, or duct tape and then write on it with your tag. same goes for your system. this isn't really security per se, but i think people are less likely to steal something with a name on it. If you're paranoid and want to distinguish further, add stickers, and maybe some Hi Vis COLOUR tape like orange or yellow to tell it apart.

Dark Byte

Smash Cadet
I keep my memory card, Wii remote and sensor bar with me in my backpack after I've loaded up melee. It's worked great for me.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Definitely label your Wii somehow. Someone once walked off with mine by accident and I ended up with theirs and it was about a year until we got them swapped back since it was in a different state.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Thieves exist in all settings, that's life. Legit concern. Definitely label that **** and don't leave it unattended for too long and you should be fine. I like to carve my initials, or at least one letter somewhere, then sharpie it, so no one can rub it off.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Tape the lid of your gamecube, and store everything that can be detached, like the wii remote, sensor, etc.

Someone stole my memory card once.

Top Bottom