• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you handle spam?

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Ok so you've had 13 views and nobody has tried to help you... :/

Lucky for you I am here. You see, all projectiles (no lasers) can be destroyed and Bowser does it very easily. The only attacks that can't stop them are his down-air.

Your Bowser isn't half bad. I just think that you are defending way too much. You need more aggressiveness.

EazyP

Smash Ace
grab more, you had a lot of great opportunities to grab which set up for nasty tech chases, but I just don't see enough

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Man, I didn't even finish the second half. I saw what I need to see. You need to upB more. It's that simple. UpB will neutralize a boomerang if timed right, and there is actually a brief bit of lag after Link draws a bomb that you can take advantage of if you upB as soon as you see him drawing a bomb close enough. Play link, draw a bomb, and then mash A to throw it. You'll see it takes a bit of time before he can actually throw the bomb. Whoever said be more aggressive... Word. Against Link, ESPECIALLY a campy Link, being aggressive is your best bet. You gain nothing from trying to avoid his projectiles. He, on the other hand, has everything to gain if you can't approach him.

Umm... Know also that a fair or nair will repel a rang. Yeah, you need to use upB more.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
I have seen the match and I agree with what people have said so far. AGGRESSION is how you beat a camping spammer. Do not allow them to breathe! Always be approaching with shffled fairs followed by a quick followup move like a Fortress or up tilt. Speaking of the Fortress, it's the one move Bowser has that makes him playable. Use it frequently.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Use your whirling fortress (up+B) to slide horizontally, his attacks shouldn't phase you so when you hit him and he's in the air, try f-air attacks or whatever you think would be best at that time. As some of the others have said, you were defending way too much. Bowser has a shell, but that shell has spikes on.....(kill. destroy. win). Psy.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Ugh.
True though.
A bit too true tbh, Gimpy does close so many threads. More than any other mod I've seen. Still, it always makes me smile seeing *Bowser Fsmash*

To handle spam I normally just run away/die But then I'm a terrible Bowser. Occaisonally I can actually getmyself into gear and attack which involves a hell of a lot of jumping around dodging/hitting stuff before I reach the person.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
I didnt see ANY UP-B out of shield moves!!!!!

WTF!?

How about this! :

-Use the ****in LEDGE its Yoshis Story!!! Bowsers all-time fave stage make use of it!!!
Up-b to Ledge!!!! COME ON NOW

and then you press A when you have under 100% !!!
or you Jump and land on the platform and dash ,fall down and then FAIR that *****

no fire too =/

Lightshield,yea lol

dash grabs, no Jump Canceled ones, and dont try to shield grab so much

FSmash is defiantly not a good option against spammers

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^lol who are you, n00b...
FD is teh roxxors, itz kewl...

or y'all could listen to Gimpy <_<

Handle spam with win, in the form of f-tilt, powersheiding, and using platforms/edges

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Ftilt is good for stopping most projectiles.

On Bowser's story, I would've spammed ledge-stall into ledge attack. His projectiles wouldn't be effective and he'd have to get near you at some point.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Ftilt is good for stopping most projectiles.

On Bowser's story, I would've spammed ledge-stall into ledge attack. His projectiles wouldn't be effective and he'd have to get near you at some point.
Bowser Story LOL

-

Anyways.... Roll Dodge FTW :p

Geist

Smash Master
^^^
ys is now bs.
discuss.

stopping spam is generally simple, but it's some of the mindgames they do with it sometimes that throws me off.

Desh.

Smash Lord
lulz at iots ^^^^

its my docs mind game pills that make him implode. Also aAndies voodoo bombs. >.>
if you dont like projectiles...use doc. (or mario.) >.>

Geist

Smash Master
you do realize this is about bowser right desh? >_>

to add on to what i said earlier, fair works great, but i use nair because i find it much faster for the job.
just not against ness.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Basically as Bowser

YS is good for most characters because it makes Bowser like me and Gimpy have said before, mid-tier, especially to people unfamilier with the match-up.

However if you're counterpicking and for some reason HATE that stage, i'd say FD because as me and 5150 were stating, it can really screw up other characters games with the moving platforms and tight spacing.

Mr.C

Smash Master
You need to use Fortress more. (out of shield) and in YS's case just for Fortress cancel. You also spend way too much time in shield while not even trying to do anything, lol. Bowser is a fat *** you either need to shield Fortress or keep up the pressure game with spaced Fair's + tilts....most people don't expect tilts because of Bowser's natural lag from him being slow so peoples timing is usually messed up allowing you to get in some neutral a's (taps) then followed by an uptilt or a ftilt.

Other then that there is not much a Bowser can do vs spammed projectiles except use the platforms. Also, since Bowser pretty much sucks you are forced to try and get quick kills....this can either be done by bthrow + fair off the stage if the person wastes his jump you can also sometimes do bthrow + uair if the person wastes his jump and DI's incorrectly...and sometimes you can get people into a nasty combo from an up throw if they waste there jump.

From what I noticed a lot of Bowser's game is making your opponent waste his jump giving you a chance to qet a low % kill or a decent 30-50% combo other then that you have to wait things out get in some percent and hope to outlast your opponent.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I'm at a bi-weekly, and I get matched up against a really spammy link. What do I do? Video shows the outcome.
*Note* The tag is made Jigglypuff vs Peach, but I assure you, its Bowser vs Link.
Vs A VERY spammy link
I just came back from Azn_Lep's triweekley @ UCSD and I had this same problem with a yLink and a couple Falcos. What I did was play defensively, making then come near me. Then Up B them and combo like crazy. I lost to the yLink but won the set. I got the Falco down to 1 stock and about 120% when I missed an L-Cancel. Needless to say, he kicked me out of the losers bracket (T_T). However, I think I did pretty good against them (Paul Mitchell complemented me ^_^).

Top Bottom