• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys use Up Tilt?

paul1290

Smash Rookie
I know it might sound strange, but currently I almost never use up tilt. Whenever I get the chance to use it I almost always resort to either dtilt, ftilt, down smash, or sometimes even screw attack instead.

I've been trying to use it more since I really need more options for getting my opponent into the air, but I seem to have very bad luck with this move because half the time I'm either too slow and I miss for some reason or it sends the opponent flying in some wierdo direction that doesn't help me at all.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers on what combos and setups work well with up tilt and when I should be using it.

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
Okay, well it works great near the edge, you just got to time it right. You could shield an attack and immediately go into that attack. Or, if you predict your opponent trying to dodge roll behind you you can hit him with that also.

kongfucius

Smash Cadet
Below them when they're on a platform, then immediately go and u-air/f-air them if they shield. If they try to approach with an aerial and they're at high percentage you can try to trade hits, with them ending up off the stage and you taking a little damage.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Down air at mid percentages to uptilt.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
To use the u-tilt effectively with Samus, try to perform it when your opponent is in the air. You can immediately perform the attack again once Samus lands her heel against the ground. Last night, a friend of mine played as Captain Falcon, and I used my u-tilt when he was returning. He tried to use his f-air, but it didn't work.

Top Bottom