• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you guys play as pikachu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
As a pichu main I can't understand how any of you guys can stand how slow pikachu feels he's L-cancels feel unbarelly slow for like bair and dair. his sheild isn't any good nor is his grab range. the only thing I see fun about pikachu is his massive sweetspot and d-tilt. I also feel with fat as pikachu and I can't avoid many attacks. Everytime i mess around with pikachu it's like eeewwwwwwwww he;s soooo slow and fat.

pikachu sucks. that and I can solidly feel his range problems compared to pichu.

how come you guys can't play as pichu like pikachu pichu's smaller/faster/more nimble the range is only a big deal for some things.

I think their the hardest 2 clones to switch over from why is that? I should just drop my tech skill level and be cool with pikachu overall.

soju

SD God
Because our Pichu evolved because they are happy with us, unlike your pichu who has yet to evolved. . . unless your spamming that b button or forcing it to hold an everstone. . . big meanie :p

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
not as mean as what other people do to pichu. really i've played people who felt bad about rapng pichu but came back to **** him. He felt so bad.

also I camp as pichu

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I can't stand pichu because his upb is slow, his upair doesn't spike, and a far off recovery gives him ten percent just for kicks. Also range problems. I don't have that much trouble with grabbing.

soju

SD God
Pichu's grabs are ********, idk why but theyre way more reliable then pika's grab = =ll sadly you don't have as much of a variety to do after you grab with pichu.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu serious has DOUBLe the grab of pikachu so I can sheild in those rare cases. I don't know if pichu has that many less options from his throws less knockback from the throws if VERY nice other than b-throw. Really all pikachu is really getting from his grabs is maybe up-air spike I geuss up-tilt is better for FFers I geuss pichu's better for flaoties and FFers at higher percents.

oh yeah I abuse pichu's backwards range of his grab i've played more than one match where I got only backwards grabs and silly falco main sheild pressure is for yoshi.

pichu has more options for up-B/recovery and much less lannding lag you can't really punish pichu for landing on the stage like pikachu. Plus pikachu's doesn't even feel all that fast.

upair spike I geuss it would be nice to have but really it messes up to many combos I like.

AXE 09

Smash Master
The character you use all comes down to preference. This is kinda like a Falco main going into the Fox boards and asking, "how do you guys play as Fox? His lasers don't stun, his dair always gets smash DI'd and isn't a spike, etc.". Both of our characters feel different in many ways, and all that really matters is what you're more comfortable with.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Well I can play as everyone BUT pikachu serious I play random most of the time I don't play as peach because I hate her sooooooooooooo much and I would never do that to someone esle. I understand why people like m2 and bower and everyone esle but pikachu.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
I love playing Pikachu, and he is pretty much all I play nowadays. Whenever I am doing friendlies or teams or something I always stay on Pikachu. The only time I switch off is when I play my Marth to keep him not rusty and, surprisingly, when I switch to Pichu for super silly friendlies.
I do not really have a problem switching between the two at all besides getting used to pichu's upb.
I think it might just be preference. I personally feel that even though Pichu is faster, he is not that hard to adapt Pikachu's playing style to.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Falco is so different from fox that it probably doesn't phase you, whereas pichu and pikachu are more similar to each other. Also I think you play pichu a little more religiously than falco.

Cia

das kwl
As a pichu main I can't understand how any of you guys can stand how slow pikachu feels he's L-cancels feel unbarelly slow for like bair and dair. his sheild isn't any good nor is his grab range. the only thing I see fun about pikachu is his massive sweetspot and d-tilt. I also feel with fat as pikachu and I can't avoid many attacks. Everytime i mess around with pikachu it's like eeewwwwwwwww he;s soooo slow and fat.
all of this is just complaining about the character. if you don't like him, don't play him.

pikachu sucks. that and I can solidly feel his range problems compared to pichu.
just your personal preference. some ppl like it, some ppl don't.

how come you guys can't play as pichu like pikachu pichu's smaller/faster/more nimble the range is only a big deal for some things.
some ppl like it, some ppl don't.

I think their the hardest 2 clones to switch over from why is that? I should just drop my tech skill level and be cool with pikachu overall.
-_- .. this seemed more like a rant about ppl playing pikachu and not pichu. i suggest writing a blog. Or just stick to playing pichu without needing to compare yourself to pikachu players.

I'm going to close this thread because nothing productive can come from it.. due to it's nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom