• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

comboking

Smash Master
What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?

What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?

Do you have an advantage against ike?

What advantage does ike have against you?

This is being used for a matchup guide so please be honest

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Wow, um...hatred much? Excuse an Ike player for visiting the other boards to gather info. Jesus, this is like Rosa Parks all over again. <_<

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Well, if you do want the truth, I think the Ice Climbers beat Ike big time because they have decent speed, they have a good ground hugging projectile that can stall people's recoveries, and they have supreme chain grabbing. I can't really think of way you can't beat Ike if you know what you are doing...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
umm... someone posted this same topic over a month ago asking on every board how they fight Ike and that it was for a matchup thread and the question was already answered...

Timbers

check me out
I entered this topic expecting exactly what I saw.

The dude's asking a legit question, no strings or biased elements what-so-ever. I'd be the first to say something if he was being a ****. The topic has nothing that should offend anyone, and I can frankly say that your (basically everyone but OP) responses are going to be the general cause of polluting these boards more than this guy. I'm quite sure if anyone else asked the question you guys would be more than willing to help out (unless you're that conceited?) and actually have a productive discussion. I have nothing against these boards or comboking, nor do I personally like either of you.

Look at his post. Then look at yours. Which of the two is going to "ruin the IC boards."

Peck

Smash Apprentice
I would freeze him with downb then quickly use a few smash attacks and then jump away/

Miller

Smash Lord
You still ruined the Ike boards, there's no changing that
Just dont give him any advice, why would we blatantly tell someone how to beat our character, that's up to you to find out

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?
The Ike's I play have STUPIDLY good spacing and reaction times. It's like they see into the future and they know whether I'm gonna grab(in which they spot dodge) or they know I'm gonna wait for the spot dodge and then grab(in which case they punch me in the face). Also for some reason I always try to spotdodge the Fsmash. D:

What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?
By killing Nana. Other than that, Ike can't gimp. Unless you count an Fsmash @ 50% a gimp. :(

Do you have an advantage against ike?
I think we do.

What advantage does ike have against you?
Range and power.

This is being used for a matchup guide so please be honest
That being said, I was playing against an Ike yesterday as Solo Nana and I beasted him. It was awesome.

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
Wtf are you talking about? Solo Nana? I think you mean Solo Popo
before i post i should say i also main ic's

and some costumes give you nana like the black and white one and both white ones and red one

and the answer to the ike question, i have no trouble against ike, he is easy

comboking

Smash Master
You still ruined the Ike boards, there's no changing that
Just dont give him any advice, why would we blatantly tell someone how to beat our character, that's up to you to find out
I stopped doing that to the ike boards. why are you holding a grudge against me its over forget about it

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
you know what's really killing the IC boards?

1. Clone threads
2. you guys disputing whether or not he killed the ike boards.

Let's focus on stepping our game up.

Miller

Smash Lord
Haha i forgot about how nana switched sometimes, but like, just say SoPo, its less confusing.

Also, ye comboking did ruin the Ike boards

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
If you guys don't really like this guy, why can't you guys stop attacking him? Isn't that kind of mean? We could just ignore him... What DID happen when he was in the Ike boards?

I still think that Ice climbers have no trouble to slow characters like ike.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
you know what's really killing the IC boards?

1. Clone threads
2. you guys disputing whether or not he killed the ike boards.

Let's focus on stepping our game up.
The IC board is no where as bad as the Ike boards. Heck, it's even worse than the Captain Falcon boards and that's making a statement... The IC board is still focused and isn't obsessed with their tier placement.

infomon

Smash Scientist
No, I'd say we're all in this together; to pursue excellence at Brawl. We tell Ike how to beat our IC strategies, so that Ike develops better strategies, so that we learn how to cripple them with ICs. We all get better; that's sort of the point of these boards, n'est-ce pas?

If we start clamming up about strats, we won't learn from each other, and that's dumb.

Then again, if comboking is going to every forum asking "how do I beat you lol", well that's kind of a misuse of the boards. Because then every character will do that on every other character's board, and it will just become a mess; it's not a good format for matchup discussion. If an Ike is having trouble with ICs, they should learn the IC game (through our boards perhaps) and practice against IC mains; and posting results along the way is awesome -- about what works and what doesn't. We could all learn from that.

Bros229

Smash Cadet
dude, comboking and millar got some major beef, and anyone wuold help comboking one how to improve with IC's. millarsaid, "why would we give him ways to find out how to beat our characters". well, this is the IC's boards, so if he needs help on how to improve his IC game, he is entitled to that.

so i am agreeing with infzy in a way.

Top Bottom