• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

comboking

Smash Master
What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?

What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?

Do you have an advantage against ike?

What advantage does ike have against you?

What stages do you have an advantage on and which stages do you have a disadvantage on?

This is being used for a matchup guide so please be honest

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
- What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?
Getting hit by an f-smash (lol)

- What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?
Suiciding with a dair spike (lol I don't think Ike is really effective at gimping anyone, though I could be wrong)

- Do you have an advantage against ike?
Yes. Bananas. In fact, I'm eating one as I type this. Also, Diddy Kong has the ability to shield/sidestep[/sarcasm], which puts Ike at an even further disadvantage (Not to ridicule Ike). Diddy is far too quick for Ike to handle.

- What advantage does ike have against you?
Weight and power.

EDIT:
Going back to the advantages I outlined which were meant to be sarcastic past the first two words. I think it's more a generalization of Ike's disadvantages, rather than our particular character's advantage. Diddy has bananas, and can outspeed most anything Ike can do.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
A good Diddy fears no ike, the only thing to fear from ike is his a+a+a combo which has priority over diddy, but then again this is all nulled by nanners

PCHU

Smash Lord
There is one strategy that reigns supreme over all.....
Dodge their crap and hit them back.
Call it whatever you will, it's the new AT.
Too bad barely anyone online uses it.......

comboking

Smash Master
alright new question
which stages do you have an advantage on and which stages do you have a disadvantage on?

Kilrain

Smash Rookie
I happen to play a good Ike frequently, and Diddy has at least a slight advantage. Ike's jab combo and forward air are the moves that give me the most trouble personally, and his dash attack is good for grabbing bananas, but overall Ike has difficulty dealing with Diddy's speed and aerial assaults.

Offstage I tend to be wary of chasing Ike down (normally one of Diddy's strengths) as his aether spike is a force to be reckoned with, but his side-b recovery is easily gimped by chasing or simply by tossing nanners or peanuts. Diddy himself has a fairly safe recovery unless he fails to sweetspot the ledge (down tilt) or tries to recover from above (any number of options, usually aether spike).

Top Bottom