• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

comboking

Smash Master
What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?

What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?

Do you have an advantage against ike?

What advantage does ike have against you?

This is being used for a matchup guide so please be honest

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
Just from my experience.

Fire Breath is really nice in this matchup. Stops a lot of Ike's approaches, including quickdraw and if you can keep yourself spaced you can hit him out of his aerials with it sometimes. Flying Slam is a good counter to counter if Ike is being predictable with it.

Fire Breath and Bowser's quick tilts seem to work pretty well in shutting down Ike on the ground. Ike's aerials have surprising range (much greater than Bowser's) and priority. The way I see it Bowser is better on the ground and Ike is better in the air. Ike's jab combo is still really effective though.

If the Ike throws out his laggy moves recklessly or has bad spacing you can shield fortress him to death, Bowser needs to play this one really cautiously, but so does Ike.

It seems reasonably even.

Only video I have is this old thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLhUKs00eHo . The second match is closer but we both could have played better.

comboking

Smash Master
that is not why.

i think link is going to be higher on the tier list then Ike.

Ike is not all that great

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Watch out for AAA which is Ike whole game (imo) by using range attacks and Firebreath. I just don't like getting close to Ike because of that AAA of his.

Its the weirdest AAA in the game (imo)

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Seriously tho. Watch out for that standard A. Its evil!! Goes through everything!

(make sure you don't fall for standard A cancel to grab when trying to wait for him to finish it to punish)

Top Bottom