• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you feel if Palutena always speaks when making her attacks?

Do you want Palutena to be Chatty while fighting?

• Yes. It's very Kawii and Lady Palutena is wonderful!

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No. It's annoying as **** and I want her to shut up.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Ehh I don't mind.

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Doc and Lady Palutena sure are chatty.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Still hoping on Medusa being playable.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
What's your opinion?

Personally I'm okay with her being a Chatty Cathy since that's part of her charm and she's so adorable! :)

Morbi

Scavenger
I would honestly prefer if she were to always speak, I feel as though that would only contribute to her personality and to an extent, her uniqueness. I would not find it annoying at all, it would be just as annoying as the random grunts or yells... which are not really that annoying. Obligatory audio in a fighting game is not an issue for me. So be it if she happens to actually speak.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'd love it.

Oh, it'd get old for so many people so fast, but that's part of the charm of Smash. Most people now think Ike immediately due to his lines and the Sonic taunts are widely known as well. In this case, it'd make Palutena like a manga fighter, saying her attack every time before doing it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I greatly support a chatty Palutena. It just makes her more unique just like her interesting moves. Besides, it's a change of pace rather than just grunts and yells, and actually fits her great personality. Bring on your crafty words, Lady Palutena!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It will certainly get old after some time, but I think I can tolerate it if her gameplay is as enjoyable as it seems to be in her debut trailer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd probably be forced to mute the TV whenever I play against her if that's the case, having a character yell out her attack whenever she uses it in a game like Smash isn't a good idea as it'll very quickly get old. Her voice already seems grating to me, I hope the attack chants are only for the trailer, as was the case with Doc Louis in Mac's trailer.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Her voice part of why I love the character so much, so I'd be okay if she did.

I don't think she will though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd love it if you could change the VA's/language like you could in Melee. I love her seiyuu, but something about her English voice irks me.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
People get annoyed at Doc and Pikachu for always making so much noise, I don't know why it would be any different for a character that's new. Plus if we're still moving at 7 input per second, that's a lot of speech that's getting jumbled up or voiced over.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I'd prefer they take the Pit approach, talking during taunts and victory screens. Maybe some grunts and a FEW move announcements not unlike "PK Fire!" and "Falcon Punch!"

Otherwise, she should keep it fairly brief in battle.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I really think they just did that for the trailer. But, if she does utter the names of her attacks upon executing them, I will not complain. Being a player of Xenoblade and the Tales games, where characters yell out the names of their attacks every second, things like this do not bother me in the least--never have, really. And besides, Ness, Lucas, and Captain Falcon already do it.

Though, like an above poster said, it would probably hinder her by making her attacks more predictable.

Last edited:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
It wont bother me at all, but it WILL bother the people who live with me. Personally I wouldn't mind it if she only did it at random instead of every single time. Like maybe 1/10 times she yells out her attack name or something like that.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty sure she is going to talk during her Final Smash so there's that.

Im ok with her talking during her Special moves, but that's it. If she talks during her other attacks... It's going to be annoying, a lot.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I love Palutena's lines in Uprising so any excuse to have her speak more is fine by me.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Seems fitting for her character. Almost like she is poking fun at other fighting games who are always shouting Hadouken every quarter+punch (also applies to most of the animes). And KIU characters love to break the 4th wall.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd honestly prefer if she didn't. She can talk, but talking for every single move would be a bit annoying, and since I plan to main her, I really don't want to get tired of her awesome voice.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
talking for every move makes it seem very tekken ish soul calibur ish. I like it better quiet. and it would be very annoying

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Well, it depends. If she announces all of her moves they will become telegraphed and easier to deal with, alternatively if she talks during or after the hitboxes come out, then it still makes it easier to adapt to habits since it'll be easier to gather information on what you are doing since she'd literally be telling everyone I know I personally find attacks easier to avoid or punish when the character announces it for me. (See: Falcon punch, PK Fire, ect.) On the flipside, having her not talk would detract from her persona and the whole character aesthetic. As a Bowser main, I wouldn't mind if he had more Bowser-like voice clips. It certainly gives a lot more soul to the character. Ultimately, if she does talk, it probably won't be every single time, it'll probably be randomized much like every other character's voice clips during their attacks.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Wouldn't bother me.

Ness, Lucas and Falcon do it already.
Right , but Ness doesn't say PK YoYo! Or PK Homerun Bat that magically fits in my bag that's smaller than my hands
I'm okay with specials. Anything else and I'll mute my TV when I play her.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
She seemed more charming than Adore Delano, I will admit, which I have no prior knowledge of as I have yet to play a Smash game.

That said, as I DONT know her that well, I think if she actually never shuts up, and it is really noticeable, it will build a lot of resentments.

How loud it is, I suppose, will be key.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be really cool if she started shouting when she got a "real KO chance" approximated somehow. So normally relatively quiet, then getting hammish just before the kill. Not that this will happen anyway.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
The more she talks the better, because that was one of the best parts of her personality, she's more than just a goddess who sent a little angel to battle. She actually cares for him, and since she isn't present she needs to demonstrate it via talking, I'll be very satisfied if she shouts her moves.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe she can take over for Snake in the department of his telecommunicated information. She would, as a goddess, presumably know who all the people are, having watched over them all. I'd love for her charming take on each character, too.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Put me on the "Yes, I'd like it if she spoke since that represents her character, but not all the time" side.

She'd give the players a psychological advantage if the opponent is too annoyed by her. #MindGaymez :troll:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Put me on the "Yes, I'd like it if she spoke since that represents her character, but not all the time" side.

She'd give the players a psychological advantage if the opponent is too annoyed by her. #MindGaymez :troll:
It's like every move is also a taunt.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know, upon further reflection, I think it would be alright if she spoke each special move. It's clearly only the specials, and it's not like her special moves are going to be spammed. I think it would bring the talkative flavor we came to know in Uprising, and I'd be glad for it.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
It'd be terrible. One of the biggest problems with game's like Dissidia: Final Fantasy, and one of the reasons I hate Pit. Don't ruin Palutena. Talking should be for a few specials and taunts.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe she can take over for Snake in the department of his telecommunicated information. She would, as a goddess, presumably know who all the people are, having watched over them all. I'd love for her charming take on each character, too.
I just want this said again, as I think it is pretty genius.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
This would actually be a neat idea. Perhaps when Palutena and another character are at Palutena's Temple stage, she can use taunts in such a way that it'll be like Snake's Codec, or the space animals' communications, where she gives the scoop on everyone.

As for Palutena talking, I wouldn't really mind it, but perhaps it should be left only for Specials or something. After all, Captain Falcon already does it for half of his Specials, and Ness / Lucas do it for PK Thunder, PK Flash / Freeze and PK Fire; I don't really see a problem with her doing it. Again, as long as it's not for literally every attack (tilts, Smashes, aerials, etc), as that would be grating after a while.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Seems like she will only do it during her specials so I wouldn't mind it at all

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I think it'd be best if she did speak when she did her specials, but not every time. There should be a probability ratio or something that makes her vocal queue activate sometimes and sometimes not. That way she's not constantly saying stuff over and over, but we still get a talkative Palutena all the same.

Top Bottom